Algae Issue clearing up question

joeev123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have had alot of nutrients in my tank recently, I did a few water changes and got a new Refugium light. My tank rocks were covered with some greenish/black algae for awhile mixxed with some cotton candy algae. After reducing the nutrients and leaving my refugium light on 24/7 the rocks in the tank started to lose all the algae growing on it and getting replaced with some nice pink coraline. The issue is now with my refugium, where my cheato is covered with cotton candy algae to point it barely is growing. The cotton candy algae been growing quick down in the sump its all over. This is the problem tho with the display showing less and less algae growth and cleaning up day by day, do i cut back on refugium light to stop growth down there? or keep it running to help clear up the main tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok so I have had alot of nutrients in my tank recently, I did a few water changes and got a new Refugium light. My tank rocks were covered with some greenish/black algae for awhile mixxed with some cotton candy algae. After reducing the nutrients and leaving my refugium light on 24/7 the rocks in the tank started to lose all the algae growing on it and getting replaced with some nice pink coraline. The issue is now with my refugium, where my cheato is covered with cotton candy algae to point it barely is growing. The cotton candy algae been growing quick down in the sump its all over. This is the problem tho with the display showing less and less algae growth and cleaning up day by day, do i cut back on refugium light to stop growth down there? or keep it running to help clear up the main tank.
Add 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons nightly for a week for algae and lower lighting interval also

Albert bada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys wanted your input on this just take has been running for about four months I have this breakout of nuisance algae what I’ve done so far started a fluconazole treatment a week and a half ago still nothing yet should I let it run for three weeks and see what happens or what else can I do to get rid of this and also the main question is what’s causing this thank you

Attachments

• 954A6794-CD95-4EF9-847C-39C9CFB58076.jpeg
    954A6794-CD95-4EF9-847C-39C9CFB58076.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ADB8E92E-1928-427B-BDF8-345456EFB490.jpeg
    ADB8E92E-1928-427B-BDF8-345456EFB490.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 14
Back