Algae scrubber with no sump

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now it's just a blue coral light and then a white one. Really don't know too much about it as it was given to me with the tank. I'm getting an AI Prime though next week.
Just not used to having an "ugly" tank lol. I've been able to keep my freshwater tanks so clean.
I know what you mean about not wanting an ugly tank lol. Saltwater works differently then Freshwater though. When you get your AI Prime, I would recommend that you use the acclimation feature they have when you figure out what schedule you want to use. You can look into the AB+ schedule, but I personally don't use that schedule.

OP
OP
H2Orchard

H2Orchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean about not wanting an ugly tank lol. Saltwater works differently then Freshwater though. When you get your AI Prime, I would recommend that you use the acclimation feature they have when you figure out what schedule you want to use. You can look into the AB+ schedule, but I personally don't use that schedule.
Would that schedule be only for acclamation? About how long would that need to be?

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that schedule be only for acclamation? About how long would that need to be?
You have the option to acclimate to any schedule with AI lights. It would depend on the intensity and spectrum change with how long your acclimation period would be. I would recommend 2 weeks at a minimum.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back