Algae

AdamNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have a new Red Sea Nano Max Tank. Put it all together about 2.5 weeks ago and a few days ago I noticed that I have some kind of algae all over my sand/rock/walls. I'm trying to figure out what was done incorrectly. All my test results look good! No nitrites or nitrates.

Today I did my first 10% water change. I even purchased my own RODI filtration and mixed the water with salt to the correct salinity/temperature.

Is it possible that I messed up when I used treated tap water when setting up my tank?
Some articles are saying that the algae is just a "normal" process of a new tank cycle.

Please advise. I am new to this hobby.

Thank you all!

Algae Sand.jpeg
Algae Rock.jpeg
Algae Rock I.jpeg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have a new Red Sea Nano Max Tank. Put it all together about 2.5 weeks ago and a few days ago I noticed that I have some kind of algae all over my sand/rock/walls. I'm trying to figure out what was done incorrectly. All my test results look good! No nitrites or nitrates.

Today I did my first 10% water change. I even purchased my own RODI filtration and mixed the water with salt to the correct salinity/temperature.

Is it possible that I messed up when I used treated tap water when setting up my tank?
Some articles are saying that the algae is just a "normal" process of a new tank cycle.

Please advise. I am new to this hobby.

Thank you all!

Algae Sand.jpeg
Algae Rock.jpeg
Algae Rock I.jpeg
Normal. Check nitrates and phosphates and add a CUC.

OP
OP
AdamNanoReef

AdamNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal. Check nitrates and phosphates and add a CUC.
Thank you! I have 5 blue legged hermit crabs. My nitrates are close to zero per my test. Any other good CUC members that will help to clean the tank? Thanks

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back