AlgaeBarn, please fix your email notifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought certh snails today, which have been out of stock for weeks. I know because I check their page every single day. I s igned up for their email notifications on lots of stuff I want, but I've never received an email from them when stuff is back in stock. (Yes, I checked my spam folder, and I did get the emails saying I'm subscribed and the email about my order today, so I know they have the right one.)

Last time this happened, customer support told me they send out emails on Fridays. I'm pretty sure I checked yesterday and no certh snails. Buy today they had them. I bet they'll be out again by Friday. Maybe that's why I never get an email.

This is frustrating. I know living things are hard and unpredictable, so I don't expect them to always have everything in stock. But technology is predictable and controllable. If you're not going to send the email, at least take that option off your website. If reseller like BRS get priority access, then let me know to check their instead.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just bought certh snails today, which have been out of stock for weeks. I know because I check their page every single day. I s igned up for their email notifications on lots of stuff I want, but I've never received an email from them when stuff is back in stock. (Yes, I checked my spam folder, and I did get the emails saying I'm subscribed and the email about my order today, so I know they have the right one.)

Last time this happened, customer support told me they send out emails on Fridays. I'm pretty sure I checked yesterday and no certh snails. Buy today they had them. I bet they'll be out again by Friday. Maybe that's why I never get an email.

This is frustrating. I know living things are hard and unpredictable, so I don't expect them to always have everything in stock. But technology is predictable and controllable. If you're not going to send the email, at least take that option off your website. If reseller like BRS get priority access, then let me know to check their instead.
Hello, the email notifications are not currently setup but you should have received a general email. We send out emails once we have a product back in stock that has been out for awhile. Hope all is well. Also if any further issues feel free to send us a dm :) ~Shaun K.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, the email notifications are not currently setup but you should have received a general email. We send out emails once we have a product back in stock that has been out for awhile. Hope all is well. Also if any further issues feel free to send us a dm :) ~Shaun K.
If the notifications don't actually work - you should remove the notification signup form.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Algae Barn: We have money. We want to give it to you. Please make it easier than checking your website on a daily basis.
No need to check daily, we update the site every Friday between 2-3pm MST ~Shaun K.

tomb18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You never, ever have stock. I have signed up for notifications and never receive any. If you are going to run a business and offer these notifications do it right. Otherwise take it down.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You never, ever have stock. I have signed up for notifications and never receive any. If you are going to run a business and offer these notifications do it right. Otherwise take it down.
You’re sooo bitter than having just your own thread about them wasn’t enough you gotta come and talk down on every thread....
very telling

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Unfortunately, we have not had a couple of products in stock recently, this may be why you feel the notifications are not working. Your email has been added to a list, which when those products come back in stock, you will receive a message from us about them! We are working to rebuild our stock and supply chains, plus are redeveloping our website to better handle the incredibly large demand for these popular items!

Back