algaefix

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have used it. The freshwater and the marine varieties are the same, minus the price jump. If you search "reefcentral algaefix" you will come up with info and examples of it being used. I am sure there are threads here, it is just that I started using it back when I was on that site more.

I have used it and found it to definitely have a major impact on some nuisance algae. But it needs stating that it is only a band aid, and finding the cause of the excess nutrients would be more ideal. No harm ever came to any fish or coral in my use of it.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never again for me. Last October I used it in a 90 gallon freshwater African cichlid tank. Within an hour I had 2 dead fish and all of the rest were sitting on the bottom of the tank breathing heavily. I changed 60 gallons of water over the next hour. By the next morning I had another dead fish. Took another day before the remainder got back to normal. Still lost 1 more fish due to the poison.

I wrote a comment on the vendor site (Chewy) but they declined to print it. I also sent a letter to API. They never responded. Almost all of the comments on Chewy are positive, why I bought it. Afterward, I looked at the comments on Amazon, a much higher percentage experienced similar problems to mine. Wish I had searched Amazon comments first.

Last edited:

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the SDS:

AlgaeFix SDS - 2019-03-14 17_38_39-Chemwatch.png

LOL

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back