algea trouble

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs site says for use with mb7. So your saying I could stop using the mb7 see if nitrates rise and if not add then add Neonitro?
If what you are doing is improving your tank condition stay the course but at some point you need to stop the chemical band aids and focus on water stability with appropriate parameters. None of these things happen overnight. It may take months for you to find the right combination to balance your system. It is common for 0 nitrates to cause tank problems and negative coral health so at some point you need to address that or problems will arise.

OP
OP
B

bam920

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Yeah that's why I started with just a little bit of mb7 with the other changes. Getting some ideas here for things to keep on hand just incase something gets outa whack. Then I can address it right away instead of waiting on an order. I have a feeling my fuge light was over doing it. Only time will tell I guess.

OP
OP
B

bam920

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So another update. The last 2 months have gone alot smoother after taking some advice on here. I was able to get detectable nitrates and phosphates. (Vary low) I hooked my reactor back up and am running gfo to keep phosphates down. Phosphate climbed to 2 ppm after cyano died off. I think the phosphate and extra light might have been feeding cyano. The hair algae has not come back. The cyano came back again and is contained to 2 small spots about a quarter size for the last several weeks. After running my reactor the phosphates are ultra low, barley detectable on salifer test. (0.03ppm) My nitrates run about 2-5ppm. I also added another wave pump to add additional flow. The icing on the cake was when my wife bought black out curtains for the patio door. Since then the algae on the glass has stalled out and I barley need to clean it. (The pic is before today's cleaning which I do about once a week) Thanks for all your help and hope this can help other people with similar problems.
20220206_101648.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back