Aliens taken over

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's when disaster always strikes. I would just manually remove what ever driods you can. I don't know how much they can spread in a week? Dino's can cover a tank in a night.

OP
OP
Waterbender

Waterbender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos are pretty bad. But these buggers are even worse. My smooth skin acros are full of white marks. I initially thought these were AEFW bite marks but I dipped and inspected the corals and came to the conclusion that these are the stinging tentacles of the hydroids

Last edited:
OP
OP
Waterbender

Waterbender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove them out of water and scrape.
That’s a real pain. I brushed some plugs yesterday while inspecting only to find that I missed many of them. They can be very tiny and a lot of times very close to the coral base. But most of them are on the glass. Maybe I can siphon them out while scraping. Not sure if there is any other alternative, I’ve been doing some reading on reef2reef. There was a thread on using fenbendazole with mix Results.

OP
OP
Waterbender

Waterbender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can use it and not injure the corals, go for it.
What I have in mind right now is the “no action” and “lazy” route. First, because I have only 2 days before I travel. Second, I read somewhere that these buggers feed off all sorts of phytoplankton and animals. Now since this is a fishless QT, I want to try to starve them.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back