Alk riser ? Tropic marin.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had that tank for 4 months now. I have like 7 corals in there doing alright. I use tropic marin salt pro when doing my water changes. Usually i hover at 7.8-7.6 for alk. very stable. After the last water change im getting 7.0 on hanna and salifrwr 6.8. I know you need a stable number and you are good. But honesty kinda worried as my tank is at the stage of taking off and start seeing coral growth. Do i start dosing alk? Im kinda uncomfortable at this alk stage not sure why? And if so what product u recommend?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had that tank for 4 months now. I have like 7 corals in there doing alright. I use tropic marin salt pro when doing my water changes. Usually i hover at 7.8-7.6 for alk. very stable. After the last water change im getting 7.0 on hanna and salifrwr 6.8. I know you need a stable number and you are good. But honesty kinda worried as my tank is at the stage of taking off and start seeing coral growth. Do i start dosing alk? Im kinda uncomfortable at this alk stage not sure why? And if so what product u recommend?
Double checking salinity would be my first job

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Alk was the first thing we had to dose between water changes and its a sign of good growth coming your way - CONGRATS!

This is what we dose:

Originally we dosed manually, but over time that got old and got a doser. Still keep an eye on where your numbers go even when dosing, as corals may take even more OR might slow down at some point. As you already know, stability is key.

EDIT: we got a 4 doser Jebao DP-4 because while alk is the first, eventually more and at different rates will also need dosed. Funny, but vodka for nitrates is our second automation... our 180 gallon needs 15mg daily but that is getting old (though I do it when feeding fish... not allowed to put it IN fish's food... LOL)

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sir. Thats not me.
Ok, but on the thread linked below you say you are at 7.1, so your new readings are within the possible margin of error of the test kit;

If you are confident your Alk is going down it is time to dose.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk was the first thing we had to dose between water changes and its a sign of good growth coming your way - CONGRATS!

This is what we dose:

Originally we dosed manually, but over time that got old and got a doser. Still keep an eye on where your numbers go even when dosing, as corals may take even more OR might slow down at some point. As you already know, stability is key.

EDIT: we got a 4 doser Jebao DP-4 because while alk is the first, eventually more and at different rates will also need dosed. Funny, but vodka for nitrates is our second automation... our 180 gallon needs 15mg daily but that is getting old (though I do it when feeding fish... not allowed to put it IN fish's food... LOL)
I prefer liquid stuff if possible. Do you recommend any? It doesnt hurt to get smth that rise mag and calcium as well.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, but on the thread linked below you say you are at 7.1, so your new readings are within the possible margin of error of the test kit;

If you are confident your Alk is going down it is time to dose.
Yeah man its going down. What do i dose? I dk any product. My mag is 1315. Should i get smth that rise everything

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer liquid stuff if possible. Do you recommend any? It doesnt hurt to get smth that rise mag and calcium as well.

It SHIPS dry... you mix in 5 gallon bucket ... it wouldn't go thru doser dry

Back