alk tester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotta say love the alk test though i think you guys should sell all kits with standards.

issue: sometimes when i do alk test i notice a small "floaty" in the cuvette on second part of test. is there some kind if precipitate created in this method? is this normal? it happened with previous reagent whicg was close to expiration so went and got new reagent yesterday and same thing is happening??????? confused

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No precip from mixing, I have seen it in the reagent alone. Results never seemed to vary enough for me to be overly concerned.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen the floaties too. It seems to get worse as the reagent bottle gets older, but doesn't seem to effect the results any. From old bottle with lots of floaties, to new bottle with none, I get the same results.

OP
OP
becon776

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here....
I am curious.. I was thinking I'd like to get standards to verify my anxiety and trust issues lol. However I have the ppm model and can only seem to find the standards for the dkh... BRS always says notify when in stock. so I am wondering since it is the same exact test just different readout would those standard be the same? bottom line can I use the DKH standards for the ppm checker?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my readings, you can. All the DKH checker does is to convert the PPM to DKH. The standard would be the same, as is the reagents.

Back