Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would aRed Head Solon Fairy Wrasse, be ok in a 65 gallon? I've read online anywhere from a 50 to a 75, right now i just have a starry blenny and a cuc in it, its been up for 4 months, also have a 20 gallon sump.
If it's the only wrasse in the tank it will be fine.

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 200 gallon (160 display) tank with an African Exquisite Fairy Wrasse Terminal Phase Male.

I'm interested in buying a Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse Terminal Phase Male (Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis). Can someone please tell me if they will get along? I checked the following page, but can't find Cirrhilabrus Exquistus.

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/cirrhilabrus-complexes-inferiority-need-not-apply-1st-revision.352/

Sorry, I found Cirrhilabrus Exquistus. Green Box.

Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis is in the dark orange box not close to the green box. Safe to get?

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll be fine together.

From page 1 by @evolved

C. rubrisquamis “Red Velvet Fairy”: Often available, somewhat expensive. Very much on the aggressive side for Cirrhilabrus wrasses, don’t mix with others which are passive/peaceful. 50/50 chance of aggression when mixing with C. jordani. Best kept without other wrasses.

Not sure now.

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering; will a true cleaner Wrasse clean another Wrasse? And can they both go together in the same 10 gallon QT?

Coralfuture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wondering; will a true cleaner Wrasse clean another Wrasse? And can they both go together in the same 10 gallon QT?

My cleaner wrasse leave no fish alone all must be cleaned and examined 20+x a day. So yes they will clean other wrasses but not sure about the 10gal QT

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably wouldn't qt them together because the cleaner can pester other fish too much, especially in such a confined space and only having 1 other fish with it. I would do the cleaner wrasse by itself.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends. A cleaner wrasse will clean other wrasses for sure, however, there are a number of other wrasse species that act as facultative cleaners at various stages of their lives, and there can be significant aggression between them and cleaner wrasses.

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ask how, but I made a mistake and put two male Carpenter wrasses in the same tank. 30X30 cube. One is 25% larger than the other, but they are both clearly male. Umm.. what now? :)

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ask how, but I made a mistake and put two male Carpenter wrasses in the same tank. 30X30 cube. One is 25% larger than the other, but they are both clearly male. Umm.. what now? :)
Catch one out.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try feeding exclusively with a net for a couple of weeks or use a fish trap with a mirror in the back.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia) - Any concerns or differences based on collection location as in Fiji or Maldives?

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept them frequently with other fairy wrasses. Especially with the exquisite in there first, and the tank being 160g, it will be fine.
I also have a rubrisquammis in with a rhomboid (both are 4+" long terminal males) also a young brunneus and jordani. The rhomboid is the dominant, and the rubrisquammis pays no attention to the smaller jordani and brunneus. Had a bathyphilus, but he got super excited and managed to find an opening and jumped behind the tank during a feeding. he and the rubrisquammis also got along just fine.
they are all in a 5' long 15oG.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back