Status
Not open for further replies.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Okay so I have a mccoskers wrasse, yellow wrasse and a leopard wrasse now. I want to add these:

Filamented Flasher Wrasse
Tricolor Fairy Wrasse
Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse
Clown Fairy Wrasse
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse

Would these all be fine together? 180g DT

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have a mccoskers wrasse, yellow wrasse and a leopard wrasse now. I want to add these:

Filamented Flasher Wrasse
Tricolor Fairy Wrasse
Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse
Clown Fairy Wrasse
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse

Would these all be fine together? 180g DT
For the most part yes, but the clown and the blue sided may not work together as they are in the same complex. Check the link in the 1st post about mixing Cirrhilabrus for the chart.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed that if there is going to be a problem it would be between the blue sided and the clown, but that in a 180g problems aren't likely, even between those 2.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will check that chart in the front.

Am I perfectly fine to add any fairy along with the ones mentioned above as long as they are not the exact same?

My question being, should I be worried about adding a yellow fin flasher since I already have a mccoskers and getting a carpenters (since they look a lot alike, at least to my eye they do) or will they be fine together.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check that chart in the front.

Am I perfectly fine to add any fairy along with the ones mentioned above as long as they are not the exact same?

My question being, should I be worried about adding a yellow fin flasher since I already have a mccoskers and getting a carpenters (since they look a lot alike, at least to my eye they do) or will they be fine together.
I would advise against some of the more aggressive fairy wrasse species.

Adding a yellofin flasher should be fine in that size tank if you use a social acclimation box.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would advise against some of the more aggressive fairy wrasse species.

Adding a yellofin flasher should be fine in that size tank if you use a social acclimation box.

opps I meant flasher not fairy. I am just trying to find some I like that are in stock currently so I can buy them since I have the QT already setup and running.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
opps I meant flasher not fairy. I am just trying to find some I like that are in stock currently so I can buy them since I have the QT already setup and running.
Any of the flashers would work. Just use a social acclimation box to introduce.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just ordered a multicolor lubbocks, ruby head fairy wrasse and a blue flasher wrasse.

After the QT and I add them to the DT, using the acclimation box can I put all three of these in the box at the same time? Also around how long should I leave them in there?

I have a custom acclimation box that is around 18 inches long, 8 inches wide and 8 inches tall so it is pretty big.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can go in together, just be sure to give a little cover. How long they should stay in the box really depends on the fish in the DT. Are they behaving aggressively or largely ignoring them? If they are being ignored, a few hours will suffice. If other fish are trying to get at them, it may take more time.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They can go in together, just be sure to give a little cover. How long they should stay in the box really depends on the fish in the DT. Are they behaving aggressively or largely ignoring them? If they are being ignored, a few hours will suffice. If other fish are trying to get at them, it may take more time.

Thanks!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes; no problem.
Agree.

There's also a link in the first post about acclimation boxes too.

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the general experience with C. roseafascia? any chance rosefascia and a mellow rubrisquammis don't fight..?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the general experience with C. roseafascia? any chance rosefascia and a mellow rubrisquammis don't fight..?
Roseafascia is abpretty big and dominant species. If the tank is big enough, the individuals mellow enough, or disparate enough in size, it is possible they will be fine. However, it is more probable that there will be some conflict.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree that it's risky, but it really depends on the tank size. >250g and it should be okay.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you wrasse enthusiasts. Always been mainly a coral fanatic, but have been getting more interested in fish as of late. No delusions of being a fish expert, but I don’t add anything to my tank without lots of research. My latest build is a 225 gallon barebottom. Personally not a fan of scapes where rocks are just piled on top of each other, and although I have quite a bit of rock in the display, the actual surface area of rock resting on the starboard is very minimal(lots of shelfs/ overhangs etc)
Will non-sand-requiring wrasses manage to sleep anywhere there is rock structure, or do they need to completely separate themselves from the rest of the fish community in a dense pile of rocks/ crevices while sleeping?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you wrasse enthusiasts. Always been mainly a coral fanatic, but have been getting more interested in fish as of late. No delusions of being a fish expert, but I don’t add anything to my tank without lots of research. My latest build is a 225 gallon barebottom. Personally not a fan of scapes where rocks are just piled on top of each other, and although I have quite a bit of rock in the display, the actual surface area of rock resting on the starboard is very minimal(lots of shelfs/ overhangs etc)
Will non-sand-requiring wrasses manage to sleep anywhere there is rock structure, or do they need to completely separate themselves from the rest of the fish community in a dense pile of rocks/ crevices while sleeping?
No need for special accommodations. They're quite good about finding holes you don't even know exist. :)

ReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking questions for the wrasse experts! Please forgive me if this is a dumb idea...

So I have a P. cyaneus that has one week left in QT, and I’m already addicted to wrasses. He’s an awesome fish. I would like to add as many more wrasse I can. Problem is my tanks a 40B barebottom. After some research I’ve come up with the following list:

H. melanurus (will put some sand in a container for him to sleep)
C. lubbocki
P. carpenteri

My current stocking is 2 Ocellaris Clowns that don’t leave their corner, and a Filefish that stays in the rocks. So I still have plenty of open water real estate. Only other fish I might add would be a algae Blenny of some sort.

Would this list be ok with my tank size?

Thanks!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking questions for the wrasse experts! Please forgive me if this is a dumb idea...

So I have a P. cyaneus that has one week left in QT, and I’m already addicted to wrasses. He’s an awesome fish. I would like to add as many more wrasse I can. Problem is my tanks a 40B barebottom. After some research I’ve come up with the following list:

H. melanurus (will put some sand in a container for him to sleep)
C. lubbocki
P. carpenteri

My current stocking is 2 Ocellaris Clowns that don’t leave their corner, and a Filefish that stays in the rocks. So I still have plenty of open water real estate. Only other fish I might add would be a algae Blenny of some sort.

Would this list be ok with my tank size?

Thanks!
That should be fine. Just add the fairy and flasher via social acvlimation box because the P. cyaneus will be established by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back