Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Lemonjello

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience as to the temperament and maximum size of C. brunneus? According to the chart it's pretty passive but I was seeking any additional insight that might be out there.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience as to the temperament and maximum size of C. brunneus? According to the chart it's pretty passive but I was seeking any additional insight that might be out there.
Quite peaceful. Comparable to isosceles and lunatus.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Very peaceful and great temperament. Smaller side 3”. Like TJ mentions.

Quite peaceful. Comparable to isosceles and lunatus.

+1

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening! I got a red Solon fairy wrasse a week ago and have not seen it come out yet. Is this normal?

leroy_jenkinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have a mcosckers flasher and want 1-2 more wrasses which one would I be able to get. I really would like the potters wrasses at my LFS but I just want to make sure I’m able to have 2-3 wrasses in my tank. ( I have a 90g tank

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have a mcosckers flasher and want 1-2 more wrasses which one would I be able to get. I really would like the potters wrasses at my LFS but I just want to make sure I’m able to have 2-3 wrasses in my tank. ( I have a 90g tank
Most other flashers, depending on exact species many of the flasher wrasse species, small Halichoeres, even the leopard wrasses, such as the potters will be fine.

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a Carpenter Flasher Wrasse, he's on day 7 of QT. Looking great, eating LRS fish & reef frenzy like a champ 2x day. Beautiful small male, maybe 1.5". Talking to HF about getting a male Melanurus next.

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT is being set up soon after seeding my sponges for 5 weeks.

My current plan is to attempt introducing a flame angel and coral beauty together first.

I have been fascinated by wrasses and would like to introduce some together.

- 80 gallons on rimless “frag” (48” long and 16” high)
- QT is 20 gallon long

Current stocking:
- clownfish pair
- starry blenny

My eyes are set on the McCosker Flasher and an Eightline flasher
- any issues introducing together?
- should I introduce a second wrasse before introducing an eightline (could my system support 3?)

Any help is appreciated as I look into these beautiful fish!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get all the other flashers I wanted in before or with adding the Eightline. I would think 3 would be ok.

Just a heads up two dwarf angels in a tank this size may not end well. Some people get away with it but it's probably going to lead to some aggression.

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get all the other flashers I wanted in before or with adding the Eightline. I would think 3 would be ok.

Just a heads up two dwarf angels in a tank this size may not end well. Some people get away with it but it's probably going to lead to some aggression.

Thank you! I may have to drop the coral beauty then. Flame angels are just too stunning.

What would be a good second wrasse with the McCosker before adding the eight line?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I may have to drop the coral beauty then. Flame angels are just too stunning.

What would be a good second wrasse with the McCosker before adding the eight line?

Just depends on what appeals to your eye. I would probably choose one that looks different than the McCosker's. P. lineopuntatus, cyaneus, and angulatus are ones to consider but any of the other flashers would be fine.

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just depends on what appeals to your eye. I would probably choose one that looks different than the McCosker's. P. lineopuntatus, cyaneus, and angulatus are ones to consider but any of the other flashers would be fine.

Thank you! I will go check those out

dsinsocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just here to share some giddiness today. I was at an LFS down in Virginia Beach yesterday and they had a Pintail on sale for about $100. I couldn't resist. I always wanted one but they were always so dang expensive so they were never seriously on my mental list. This guy is about 3.5".

A did a QUICK review of the compatibility chart and I *think* I should be ok, but I'm opening up the comments to the experts here to alert me to any dangers I don't foresee.

I currently have:
4.5" Yellow Streak (C. luteovittatus)
3" Lubbocks
2.5" McCosker
2.5" Blue Flasher

This guy should be ok with them, shouldn't he?

I also hope to add a couple of Halichoeres, choosing between Radiant, Claudia, Adorned (cosmetus) and Red-Lined. (preferences italicized)

That's a lot of wrasses... is that long term goal achievable in a 75 gallon or do I need to downsize my dreams a bit?

Pintail1.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just here to share some giddiness today. I was at an LFS down in Virginia Beach yesterday and they had a Pintail on sale for about $100. I couldn't resist. I always wanted one but they were always so dang expensive so they were never seriously on my mental list. This guy is about 3.5".

A did a QUICK review of the compatibility chart and I *think* I should be ok, but I'm opening up the comments to the experts here to alert me to any dangers I don't foresee.

I currently have:
4.5" Yellow Streak (C. luteovittatus)
3" Lubbocks
2.5" McCosker
2.5" Blue Flasher

I also hope to add a couple of Halichoeres, choosing between Radiant, Claudia, Adorned (cosmetus) and Red-Lined. (preferences italicized)

That's a lot of wrasses... is that long term goal achievable in a 75 gallon or do I need to downsize my dreams a bit?

Pintail1.jpg
The pintail and any of the potential future additions should be fine. Though I strongly encourage using a social acclimation box to introduce a new wrasse to an established wrasse.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, fine.

You could definitely do any one of those Halichoeres, and could probably do two of them - but anything more is probably pushing it.
Though I strongly encourage using a social acclimation box to introduce a new wrasse to an established wrasse.
Agree; always important.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 180 gallon tank with a mccoskers wrasse, cleaner wrasse, yellow coris wrasse.

Would I be fine adding a lubbocks wrasse, carpenters wrasse, yellowfin flasher wrasse and a red head solon fairy wrasse? I would QT all 4 of those together before adding them to the DT.

dsinsocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pintail and any of the potential future additions should be fine. Though I strongly encourage using a social acclimation box to introduce a new wrasse to an established wrasse.

Thanks. I was already checking last night on getting one. The one that was recommended by Evolved (Elite Aquatics) is tough to find. I contacted the company through their Facebook page and they said they make them all clear now. The bottom panel isn't solid white anymore. Given that fact, is it still the recommended brand or do other brands have better features now that all of the panels are clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back