Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Stupid rich” is relative. Some people thinks 100 for a small wrasse that only live for 5 years at the most is “stupid rich”

dsinsocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS is "stupid rich"... (sold today)

upload_2019-7-10_18-56-31.png

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with this wrasse? Do they typically look this nice with the colors and fins?

What is their temperament etc? Thanks!
e348b837d4e55742a5d66a192642febf.jpg

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for about a year. After 6 months or so, mine got much nicer looking then this picture on LA. Mine has a much whiter belly and brighter red. It is more aggressive then my Blue and Flame Fairy wrasses. It is now in a tank with large angels and tangs and is always out and about. Great fish eats everything I offer including nori.

dsinsocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mostly directed at Evolved, since it's his comments that I'm asking about, but if anyone else has insight or clarification I'd love to hear it. I'm curious about the comments regarding the Flame Wrasse (jordani).

The initial review at the beginning of this thread says, "Can be somewhat aggressive towards other Cirrhilabrus additions once very well established.", but the compatibility chart shows them as green (lowest aggression).

I currently have a 4" Yellow Streak, 3.5" Pintail and 3" Lubbocks. Should I anticipate problems if I decide to add a Jordani?

Tank is 75g.

Doc Lemonjello

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mostly directed at Evolved, since it's his comments that I'm asking about, but if anyone else has insight or clarification I'd love to hear it. I'm curious about the comments regarding the Flame Wrasse (jordani).

The initial review at the beginning of this thread says, "Can be somewhat aggressive towards other Cirrhilabrus additions once very well established.", but the compatibility chart shows them as green (lowest aggression).

I currently have a 4" Yellow Streak, 3.5" Pintail and 3" Lubbocks. Should I anticipate problems if I decide to add a Jordani?

Tank is 75g.

If you're adding the flame last it should be fine, but a 75 is little small for that type of fairy.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C. luteovittatus (if that's what it is) might give you some problems with a new fairy in a 75. Let's see what some others say.

dsinsocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Live Aquaria was selling females for $99. I couldn't resist. My luteovittatus has been really mild-tempered with every other fish I've put in there (he was the first fairy that I added) so I'm hoping that trend will continue.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
multiple choati wrasse?

I have one choati wrasse in my 180gallon DT currently along with a black leopard, moyeri leopard and a regular leopard wrasse. I was possibly looking at 2 more choati wrasse, is that possible or not a good idea?

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My $99 Flame wrasse is doing well that I got a couple months ago. I picked up this 8 line wrasse delivered today from LA. Came in very small but eating well in the acclimation box. The problem is the flame and the DT have not paid any attention to her? Maybe because she is so small there is no aggression?
EIGHT LINE IN BOX.jpg
EIGHTLINE 7-16-19.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that Flasher and Fairy wrasses does not pay a lot of attention to juvenile and females. When I release my female Eightline into my tank, not one of the male wrasses go after her. The male Eightline flashes at her once or twice, but she is still so small, just over 1 inch, I think he thinks she must be just a baby.

I have my tank set up almost 2 years now. Some of the wrasse was in QT system before that. The oldest (that was in my tank the longest, not necessary oldest) of my wrasse started to died. My Yellowfin Flasher get raggedy and then was seen no more. Now the Blue flasher look like it is doing the same. Both of these are large wrasse for their species. Both at about 3 inches. They were large than some of my smaller Fairy like Lubbock and Exquisite. At least I think they are dying of old age.

I start to rethink Fairy and Flasher wrasses now. I don't want my fish died after 2-3 years. So far the Leopars, and China wrasses are doing great. No sign of slowing down.

dsinsocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is going on with my Jordani? She's been in QT for about a week. She's eating very well and doesn't seem to be stressed out (the color is bright and she's not hiding or anything, but every morning when I come down to check on her she seems to be losing tail/fin rays.

It started as a slit in the dorsal, then a slit in the tail, and then the rays started disappearing completely.

She's by herself, so nothing else is biting at her, and I don't see any visible signs of fin-rot or other skin disease.

What could be causing this, and will the damage repair itself?

1563911348863.png

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am looking to buy a male flame fairy wrasse, please let me know if you know anyone who is selling them or anyone I can contact.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Females will eventually turn into males. I prefer to get them small and watch them grow.

Me too JayKim and it's not just financial. This was my flame about 6 months after I got him as little pink female.

.....and another 8 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back