OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys for not updating the thread so much. The tank has been progressing nicely. Much of my corals have been transferred over. Been doing my fair share of killing acros. I'll admit I attempted to push the transfer of corals over too quickly and for acros it was a rough transition. Even loss a couple of chalices and acans along the way.

I bought a frag tank off a local reefer a couple months ago, 24x24x12. I want to plumb it with the same display sump. So I've worked with my dad on making a stand for it, which is done now. The plumbing is 40% done. With any luck I can complete it this weekend and get it wet.

I still need to hook up the doser, ato, chiller. I want to mount a fan on the wall and aim it over the sump for main cooling. The chiller is to backup the fan in case the fan reaches it full capability and the tank needs further cooling.

If I can get a full Saturday to myself, I think I'll be able to plumb the frag tank, hand the lights, setup the doser and ato. Hard to get a full day to myself tho, I enjoy playing with my daughter so much its easy to walk away from these little projects within the hobby to spend time with her.

But that doesn't mean I don't have time to shop around for corals. Mylittlejade knows of my newest purchase that has me completely in awe. Hence his recent "any new corals Darrell?"

So this is my most recent purchase.

orangetonguewredtenticles.png

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! I have always been a fan of your builds… Can't wait to see what you have in store for this one. What did you do with your old scape?

OP
OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get another pump, a DC pump is my recommendation. Currently, well as of today I just switched everything from running a return along with 3 MJs (added heat like a ****) to a single DC12000 and am happy with it. The DC pump is feeding the chiller inline to the tank and then the manifold which is powering my bio-pellets and carbon reactor. I think if I add more then flow going back to the tank wouldn't be where I want it. Some of these reactors take a decent amount of flow to get things moving.

Nice build so far, I can't wait to get my acans back. Had tons of them die off on me from a chloramine crash.

I'm leaning towards running another pump too.

Any updates? Can't wait to see the tank wit fish and coral.

I'll have to try and take a nice pic.

My current fish list:
1 x leopard wrasse
2 x hooded wrasse (female and terminal phase male)
1 x super male flame wrasse
8 x ignitus anthias
1 x yellow assessor

Any new corals Darrell??:wink:

LOL you know.

Listen to those drum beats. Everyone wants to see the tank and aquaascape and fish and coral. There is a groundswell of excitement building. Don't think any one or anything can hold the crowds away. We have to see it and we have to see it now Pics!! You gotta share us some pictures

Mark, I'll work on that in a week or so. I need to do another rock structure for the right side of the tank. I'd like to do this soon, I need more spots to mount sps. :)

The suspense!

:)

OP
OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! I have always been a fan of your builds… Can't wait to see what you have in store for this one. What did you do with your old scape?

Thank you! My old scape in my 39 gallon? It's still up and running at work. So that scape is still in tact.

I did make a really cool rock structure for the right side for this tank, but it was too large.

mylittlejade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more day and she'll be glowing in your tank, such a nice pick up Darrell.
Sorry guys for not updating the thread so much. The tank has been progressing nicely. Much of my corals have been transferred over. Been doing my fair share of killing acros. I'll admit I attempted to push the transfer of corals over too quickly and for acros it was a rough transition. Even loss a couple of chalices and acans along the way.

I bought a frag tank off a local reefer a couple months ago, 24x24x12. I want to plumb it with the same display sump. So I've worked with my dad on making a stand for it, which is done now. The plumbing is 40% done. With any luck I can complete it this weekend and get it wet.

I still need to hook up the doser, ato, chiller. I want to mount a fan on the wall and aim it over the sump for main cooling. The chiller is to backup the fan in case the fan reaches it full capability and the tank needs further cooling.

If I can get a full Saturday to myself, I think I'll be able to plumb the frag tank, hand the lights, setup the doser and ato. Hard to get a full day to myself tho, I enjoy playing with my daughter so much its easy to walk away from these little projects within the hobby to spend time with her.

But that doesn't mean I don't have time to shop around for corals. Mylittlejade knows of my newest purchase that has me completely in awe. Hence his recent "any new corals Darrell?"

So this is my most recent purchase.

orangetonguewredtenticles.png

Last edited:

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! My old scape in my 39 gallon? It's still up and running at work. So that scape is still in tact.

I did make a really cool rock structure for the right side for this tank, but it was too large.
Yeah that scape...I love it...let me know if you ever decide to get rid of it :)

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see the main display and frag tank up in action!

OP
OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a diaseris? If so I want a piece when it fragable! :)

Haven't killed those acros you got from me right? Lol

Can't wait to see some more pics of your tank(s).

Acros still kicking!

It's a tongue coral. Never owned one, first timer but when I saw how different this one was compared to all the others I saw I had to have it.

OP
OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Man this weekend I was thinking I need to update. Not much to update on tho. New tank up and down syndrome.

I wasn't completely happy with my aquascape so about 2 weeks ago I pulled out all the rock from my display and put it in my sump while I construct some new ones. Stayed up quite late a few nights last week and got some good things going. Thought I would finish this weekend, but I was pretty lazy and lounged around. Perhaps within the next couple of days I'll finish up and put them into my tank. I know my fish aren't too happy about it.

OP
OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that scape...I love it...let me know if you ever decide to get rid of it :)

It would break if I were to ship it to you....unless you frequent so cali.....

Can't wait to see the main display and frag tank up in action!

I need to get some updated pics for you.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D hope u didnt forget about your thread lol we need some pics there buddy

OP
OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know huh!! Been really busy lately. Family visited from out of town for a couple week. Macna. Then everyday life. Sheesh my parents weren't joking 20 years ago when they used to tell me I had no responsiblities.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know huh!! Been really busy lately. Family visited from out of town for a couple week. Macna. Then everyday life. Sheesh my parents weren't joking 20 years ago when they used to tell me I had no responsiblities.
lol ok your excused lolol i know what u mean

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back