All fish died in tank except one

tinytanya7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am absolutely heartbroken after running my reef tank for about 5 months all my fish have all died except for one.

They all died gasping intensely, and I am not sure if it was brook or itch that killed them. The water parameters are fine. I had an intense fluctuation in temperature which I think lower their immune system and triggered the parasite. They are mostly white fish except for this last one is a black onyx.

When my baby passed away last night, there were some small white specks on the netting near him. Not sure if that will help with identification of the parasite so I know how to treat my last live fish. It could also be sand.

I attached a video of my current black onyx who seems fine but all the others seemed fine until hours before they passed.

I’m so disheartened and if I lose this last fish I am done with this hobby. How do I save him?

D8E60671-9380-4A75-9097-15AED8099B94.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0433.MOV
    25.3 MB

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal might be able to help, although I couldn't see that much on the video.

May we have some shots of your tank? What equipment are you using? Are you treating the clownfish with anything?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am absolutely heartbroken after running my reef tank for about 5 months all my fish have all died except for one.

They all died gasping intensely, and I am not sure if it was brook or itch that killed them. The water parameters are fine. I had an intense fluctuation in temperature which I think lower their immune system and triggered the parasite. They are mostly white fish except for this last one is a black onyx.

When my baby passed away last night, there were some small white specks on the netting near him. Not sure if that will help with identification of the parasite so I know how to treat my last live fish. It could also be sand.

I attached a video of my current black onyx who seems fine but all the others seemed fine until hours before they passed.

I’m so disheartened and if I lose this last fish I am done with this hobby. How do I save him?

D8E60671-9380-4A75-9097-15AED8099B94.jpeg

I can't see any issues in the video. Could the white specs in the net be sand?

Does the tank have corals in it? Are they all o.k.?
If so, you can usually rule out water quality issues.
The rapid breathing as a sole symptoms does point to velvet, but I can't explain why this one clownfish hasn't died, generally velvet takes out all fish in a tank when it hits.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back