All fishes dead

szarko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all. I have lost all fishes except one clown... I have dosed erythromicin 10 days ago for cyano, and day before yesterday fluconazole for some gha and possible briopsis. This morning found all fishes dead, except one clown... what could have happened? Tnx

dzeleski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all. I have lost all fishes except one clown... I have dosed erythromicin 10 days ago for cyano, and day before yesterday fluconazole for some gha and possible briopsis. This morning found all fishes dead, except one clown... what could have happened? Tnx
Thats quite a bit of dosing in such a short time. Most medications reduce the oxygen in our tanks rapidly. Both of those meds are considered reef safe but when you start combining things so closely you enter uncharted waters.

You can check ammonia levels to see if you caused a recycle of your tank but I would probably bet it had to do with oxygen levels.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for your losses

wondering how have your water parameters been trending with these treatments

know once bryopsis treatment for fluconazole started you should go 3 weeks without water change - to me, that was a long 3 weeks when used to weekly 10% water changes. Only my yellow tang was impacted by fluconazole at double dose but was able to revive and move to QT where it 'vacationed' for 3 weeks. After fluconazole was over, used every plastic bin I could find for a 60% water change plus ran charcoal for couple days. I have tangs so I try to rarely run charcoal to prevent HLLE damage on them. Bryopsis didn't die until 3rd/last week, but it hasn't been back. My hair algae and I continue to battle...

hang in there

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any what happens if fluconazole stays in there. Is the water change to get fluconazole out or just to help with the dead algae?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any what happens if fluconazole stays in there. Is the water change to get fluconazole out or just to help with the dead algae?

Typical fluconazole treatment lasts 3 weeks. Charcoal was also run to get double dose fluconazole out. Yes at end my extra large water change was to get fluconazole, dead algae, detrius, nitrates, phosphates as well as everything else since 2 other 10% weekly water changes were missed due to 3 week fluconazole treatment. Leading up to treatment, had even been doing more than usual 1 water change a week as was in there sucking algae off rocks using airline tube siphon

Reef Flux (fluconazole) directions say at end of 3 weeks, do minimum 30% water change... When the manufacturer calls it out... "just do it" - Nike

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back