All For Reef and LPS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lou Ekus,

I’m from Vietnam. My system is around 1000L, most of them are LPS, started AFR powder from 25/10/2020 and Reef Actif from 26/12/2020. For first 2 months, they looked happy and the polyps were longer than ever. But these few weeks they look stressed not happy any more.

The temperature, salinity, KH, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4 are on track. Now I’m doing some large water changes and start running activated carbon.

Someone tells me the trace elements are so high, LPS no needs AFR, just changing water is enough. Is that truth? Do I need ICP test?

Thanks so much

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lou Ekus,

I’m from Vietnam. My system is around 1000L, most of them are LPS, started AFR powder from 25/10/2020 and Reef Actif from 26/12/2020. For first 2 months, they looked happy and the polyps were longer than ever. But these few weeks they look stressed not happy any more.

The temperature, salinity, KH, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4 are on track. Now I’m doing some large water changes and start running activated carbon.

Someone tells me the trace elements are so high, LPS no needs AFR, just changing water is enough. Is that truth? Do I need ICP test?

Thanks so much
In general, average size water changes (10% or 20%) are not enough to replenish trace elements in tanks that are well stocked.

Without being there, it is very hard to know the reason your corals may not be looking their best. You said the parameters like temperature, salinity, KH, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4 are all "on track". Could you also email me with what those parameters are reading? That might help as well.

An ICP test might help you find the issue. But let's look at the parameters first.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back