All-for-Reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus I have been using AfR for a year now and could not be happier. My tank is about 300 liters total volume and is predominately SPS.I am now dosing 58.8 ml a day spread out over a 24 hr period , to keep Alk at 7.5-7.7 .Calcium and Mag are in line as well. The dosing of AfR will soon be at the max daily dosing recommendation.
What will be the effects of going over the max daily ? Or what is the next step once the tank reaches that level of consumption? I really do not have room for a 2 /3 part or a Calk reactor.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although we don't actually "recommend" exceeding the maximum recommended daily dose, I know of lots of aquarists that do dose AFR in excess of that dosage. So I'm quite sure that exceeding that dose by some smallish amount, should not be a problem. In fact, I know of a few people at greatly exceed that recommended dosage. One of those is dosing 3 times the recommendation each day. So I would say to not worry too much about that recommendation as a "hard number". While keeping an eye on your corals and the system as a whole, is always a good idea. If everything is thriving, no issues with pests, and the parameters are all looking in your desired range.....then go for it!

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this Lou? I just now started looking into TM as a dosing source and am waiting to see if there will be the powder soon. Have plenty of 2 part to use up in the meanwhile.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 10L diy AFR kit from brs. Can I mix this up in bulk or does it somehow go bad if sitting on the shelf too long mixed? I have a spare 5 gallon ato container I'd like to use to keep my AFR in, but the 10L could potentially last me 1 year.

U

User1

View Badges
I have the 10L diy AFR kit from brs. Can I mix this up in bulk or does it somehow go bad if sitting on the shelf too long mixed? I have a spare 5 gallon ato container I'd like to use to keep my AFR in, but the 10L could potentially last me 1 year.

I can't speak for a mix of that size but I make a double batch each run. One is in use the other capped and put away. I use the 800 ml Voss glass bottles so it is capped when not in use. If you haven't maybe visit Tropic Marin's web portal and send them a email / contact us and ask. I would think if it is capped / covered properly it would last but not sure how long 5 gallons would last you.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha Lou, thank you. "A couple of months" would be October....from August" :). It is one heck of a year though.
Please hurry if possible.

Kjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am approaching double the recommended dosage in my 425L system - mostly SPS and dosing about 190ml/day broken up into hourly doses. Excellent growth and no ill effects. Moving to a calcium reactor for this tank but will keep using All for Reef on my 60g. Such a refreshingly simple choice in an otherwise complex hobby. Thanks, TM!
Photo Nov 05, 2 33 03 PM.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back