All I can get from one of my favorite builds for build thread 365?

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the encouragement from @Crabs McJones I am posting this...front story:

I have lost many pics of some great pics which bums me from looking at many good memories...

'I started using Photobucket ~14 years back and have ~7,000+ pics with some awesome builds and tanks as well as personal stuff. It is full and they want money for prints and such...when I go to their site all I see are adds and up until about a month ago I could at least see some pics...now all I see are blue question marks. It is a shame to lose all these pics and I'm bummed about it.'

Thought I could pull up some pics for a '365' but couldn't and this is all I have left...argh

@Crabs McJones is this how to enter?

'I found my little gem of a tank I started building completely from scratch on 01.01.16 I was happy to find the couple of pics I had of it. It was one of my favorite builds.

I ordered 4 panels of regular 24x24x18tall for the tank to become a 45 RR cube along with 2 panels of 4"x16"tall pieces and a 6"x16"tall for the center OF, however, I had the holes drilled because I wanted the holes in the bottom and bottom tempered.

I used schedule 80 bulkheads to match the holes drilled on the bottom panel from G.C. and the rest a combo of S-40 and tubing which went well.

The stand was simple and bare bones and I painted a mocha brown (stained the top & used a 1/2 mat to set tank on) and dressed it up with some purchased trim work from a DIY store and made a 30g tall from float glass with no fuge, but used a large CPR HOB which I hung on the side of the sump which. I build this while waiting for the panels that had come in and waited for the silicone to cure for 2 weeks. Yeah, I err on the side of caution. lol

Leak tested all on 01.31.16, cleaned well with RODI fresh and white distilled vinegar mix, air dried and added approx 10g of tank water from my 125g mixed as well as some of the LR, and LS.

A couple of days later I added a Radion XR15 to it and let the light ramp over a 3 week period, added my ORA platinum, her Mate which is Snowcassa, an LTA, BTA and a bit of coral.

I do not recall my return pump. Pretty sure it was an Eheim and an MP40 as my MP10 kept falling off because the glass was too thick...so I ran it at about 30%. ugh

I miss this one.

EDIT: @AlgaeBarn note the stickers on my fuge and front of the sump'

1910412_10208309214630789_4645319835473903598_n-2.jpg

11011996_10207142789550891_9131870466016207679_n.jpg

12552838_10208309215270805_4745627900559692594_n.jpg

12552918_10208309214870795_2903621125446371059_n.jpg

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a ton on photobucket too so I feel your pain. You can still somewhat access it although the site is nothing but ads / spam / popups and forever loading times. For high resolution pictures it's best to save them on an external HD. For low/medium uploading them directly to R2R is probably safest. I'd certainly be willing to bet picture hosting will remain here for many years to come.

OP
OP
Captain Quint

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice cube!!

Thank you...I loved that tank. It was at my last home and I was rushing to get everything out including 3 tanks...one of which was a 300g I sold to a friend for 77 cents. (I like the number 7)

I could not remove the tank from the stand and I tried hard but it was stuck. I took the entire thing out on a hand truck but on the last step, the sump broke...I threw up my arms and said forget it. I cleaned all the shard of glass and the stand and tank were perfectly fine but I was ticked...went in and posted on a forum the address and told them to come to the home and get it at the curb. The next morning before 5 AM it was gone. lol

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beautiful scratch build. I'm bummed you can't get access to your pictures. I'd love to see progression shots from glass panes to that pretty tank. I don't really know how it all works, like Netflix demanding more money. A building of servers and storage, computers finding the data and shooting it to your device? They need more money to do that? It's not like a human has to find your files, develop the prints, and mail them to your house? Again, bummer. I enjoy all your pics of the pristine tanks under your care. A side note, I see they make the magic erasers in thin slices now.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

I lots a "ton" of aquarium and scuba diving pictures on Photobucket. It absolutely sucks.

Even now with all of the device and cloud storage, we make a regular habit of getting prints of the special ones. I don't fully trust digital storage anymore...

OP
OP
Captain Quint

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

I lots a "ton" of aquarium and scuba diving pictures on Photobucket. It absolutely sucks.

Even now with all of the device and cloud storage, we make a regular habit of getting prints of the special ones. I don't fully trust digital storage anymore...

I hear you on that. I have some beautiful pics on it as well from several scuba adventures.

OP
OP
Captain Quint

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beautiful scratch build. I'm bummed you can't get access to your pictures. I'd love to see progression shots from glass panes to that pretty tank. I don't really know how it all works, like Netflix demanding more money. A building of servers and storage, computers finding the data and shooting it to your device? They need more money to do that? It's not like a human has to find your files, develop the prints, and mail them to your house? Again, bummer. I enjoy all your pics of the pristine tanks under your care. A side note, I see they make the magic erasers in thin slices now.

Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Back