All my fish are hyperventilating and my corals are shrinking in HELP!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this is still going on. Lots of avenues have been looked into. Just thinking outside, is there any of the fish that you can get a pix of, just to see?

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the water cloudy at all or clear when you first noticed the issue. Usually when fish are breathing hard it's an O2 issue. Over feeding and fish death cause a bacteria bloom depleting O2. Carbon and an air stone? Didnt read the entire thread....Just a suggestion.

Already talked about this earlier in thread water was a tad cloudy and my oxygen is fine

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this is still going on. Lots of avenues have been looked into. Just thinking outside, is there any of the fish that you can get a pix of, just to see?

I’ll send pics of some dead ones to show how healthy they were I’ve got more to pull out my blood shrimp just died and my longnose hawkfish

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cdd91a78236edc3a347fbc2365c3853e.jpg

I just don’t see any sign of root cause of death

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that you haven’t added any new fish in 6 mos, what about anything else, snail, crab, piece of rock, etc. anything wet?

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish I want to die are alive dangit this is freaking dumb I hate the chromis

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that you haven’t added any new fish in 6 mos, what about anything else, snail, crab, piece of rock, etc. anything wet?

No sir now that I think of though I recently like last Friday got a big zoa pack of 17 different zoas and I know they can release deadly toxins so my guess is this is their fault

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you brought in velvet or brook, I see some whitish skin in the pics above. If your Zoas were conducting chemical warfare I think all of your fish would be dead nearly at once. A parasite picks them off one by one according to the strength of their immune system, immunity doesn’t protect from toxins.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And where would I see any of those

Take them out (the magnets and inspect)- there is also resins that absorb metals. Check an ICP test if you think this might be a problem - if its positive - go on a search for metal - its possible - but unlikely. Stray voltage is possible as well - but unlikely (unless everything is affected - at least somewhat.)

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you brought in velvet or brook, I see some whitish skin in the pics above. If your Zoas were conducting chemical warfare I think all of your fish would be dead nearly at once. A parasite picks them off one by one according to the strength of their immune system, immunity doesn’t protect from toxins.

Well this isn’t a one by one the coral beauty and yellow tang were the only two that died by themselves all the others died together

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take them out (the magnets and inspect)- there is also resins that absorb metals. Check an ICP test if you think this might be a problem - if its positive - go on a search for metal - its possible - but unlikely. Stray voltage is possible as well - but unlikely (unless everything is affected - at least somewhat.)

Not in my tank I have no magnetic items

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it

Died together at the same time or moment or throughout the afternoon or so.

Throughout the night I wouldn’t think the fish would die that quickly from a parasite if it’s picking them off one by one over 11 fish dead in the course of a day?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back