All new tanks come pre-drilled for Hydra Mounts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely disagree with RS's decision. But what are wrong with hydras? Personally I like them and would put them in my tank. Definitely though am swaying away from refers due to these holes

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Hydras too. i had Hydra 52's my last aquarium, they weren't the HD kind and needed the director and that was my biggest complaint but they supported SPS and softies just fine. Been holding out for the new XXL reefer tanks for my next build and will likely add 52's again.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely disagree with RS's decision. But what are wrong with hydras? Personally I like them and would put them in my tank. Definitely though am swaying away from refers due to these holes
People who buy Reefer's want to pick their own lighting and if they picked hydra's they still don't want they're back glass drilled.
I have no problem with hydra's what so ever.

RS made a bone head call on drilling the reefer's back glass. :)

I love RS and have owned an S-Series since 2013. The reefer's were never intended to follow the S-Series concept.
Why do you think somebody started this thread?....

Go jump on OP!!!!!!!:)

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys this thread was never meant to flame on RS, it was meant as an educational question if anyone knew if it was a permanent change. RS tried something new, heard the feedback, and is adjusting. Future tanks will not be pre-drilled. Not too many vendors out there that actually listen to feedback.

Time to let this go! :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys this thread was never meant to flame on RS, it was meant as an educational question if anyone knew if it was a permanent change. RS tried something new, heard the feedback, and is adjusting. Future tanks will not be pre-drilled. Not too many vendors out there that actually listen to feedback.

Time to let this go! :)
+1 :rolleyes:
And I give RS a thumbs up for listening to their customers. :)

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe someone could find some clear plugs for the people that want the back glass clear? Any ideas?

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do they sit in relation to the water line? Anyone have some pics of there tanks with the plugs and full of water?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, but I don't buy the "listening to customers" and changing their mind thing. They had a glut of tanks from their deluxe series that didn't sell and are dumping the excess of inventory off on perspective Reefer owners without giving their consumers a heads up. Not cool.

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, and I'm one of those people that just want a beautiful rimless tank that they have perfected, and they are going to stick me with a "deluxe" version that they cant sell. It's really disappointing. Got $2500 in my pocket for a tank and really don't know what to do. I'm trying get get someone with some buying clout like @Bulk Reef Supply or @MarineDepot to help, but both customer services said call Red Sea. Well, Red Sea won't listen to me. Maybe @Ryanbrs or @randyBRS will help!!!!!

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, and I'm one of those people that just want a beautiful rimless tank that they have perfected, and they are going to stick me with a "deluxe" version that they cant sell. It's really disappointing. Got $2500 in my pocket for a tank and really don't know what to do. I'm trying get get someone with some buying clout like @Bulk Reef Supply or @MarineDepot to help, but both customer services said call Red Sea. Well, Red Sea won't listen to me. Maybe @Ryanbrs or @randyBRS will help!!!!!
I've been off and on the red sea bandwagon for a couple of months now. This past week I've been getting quotes for custom aquariums. Crystal Dynamic seems to be reasonable in price, similar to red sea, a tad more but the sump is nice. Maybe you should check with them. I may end up going with them since made in the US. Though RS is an Israeli company, and I love Israel, still the tanks are made in China.

bmbrad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got my reefer 250 yesterday and after building the stand I noticed the 4 drilled holes in the back when I started unpacking the tank. I called the store I bought it from and they said this is the way the reefers come now. "Deluxe Ready".... Has anyone had their tank swapped out for a non drilled one or am I stuck with this?

20170521_221329.jpg

20170521_221404.jpg

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called the store I bought it from and they said this is the way the reefers come now. "Deluxe Ready"

No that's not how they come. Red Sea stopped drilling them already and is trying to get rid of the ones they drilled but they are selling them without the holes too. You might try returning it and getting one form a vendor that talks to Red Sea about what they are getting.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they don't even use those mounts anymore on their deluxe according to red sea. I emailed asking if the XXL had holes and when they would be officially released, this was the reply.

"
Good morning,

The aquariums will not come predrilled in the back for lighting as we have changed the mounts for the AI lights. While we do not have an exact date of when the aquariums will be shipping out we do have more of a time frame other than spring time. We are aiming for mid-June for them to start shipping.

Best Regards,

Amanda Klawender

Customer Service

Red Sea North America

Email: [email protected]

Office: 281-447-0205

Toll Free: 888-733-7329

Fax 281-447-1153

4687 World Houston Pkwy #150

Houston, TX 77032

USA"

bmbrad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they don't even use those mounts anymore on their deluxe according to red sea. I emailed asking if the XXL had holes and when they would be officially released, this was the reply.

"
Good morning,

The aquariums will not come predrilled in the back for lighting as we have changed the mounts for the AI lights. While we do not have an exact date of when the aquariums will be shipping out we do have more of a time frame other than spring time. We are aiming for mid-June for them to start shipping.

Best Regards,

Amanda Klawender

Customer Service

Red Sea North America

Email: [email protected]

Office: 281-447-0205

Toll Free: 888-733-7329

Fax 281-447-1153

4687 World Houston Pkwy #150

Houston, TX 77032

USA"

Well that's good to know. I'm still going to look into getting my tank replaced. I'm going to talk to Red Sea tomorrow and see what they have to say. Thanks for the info @Denvercherub

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 525 and needed a replacement due to someone at the factory scribbling on the glass with a marker between the paint and glass. The replacement had the 4 holes so I took the old one, removed the backing, cleaned the marker and repainted. Those holes they predrilled were unacceptable to me. They look terrible if you don't use them for light mounts and it's the only thing I notice on the display at my lfs, I wasn't happy but I live in alaska so shipping prices are an issue and I settled
ea3c4df5a301ab1ff8dfadeef8806ccc.jpg

bmbrad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I spoke with Red Sea today and it looks like they have mixed stock. Apparently retailers should know that a customer can ask for a tank that's not Deluxe ready. But if they do not know it will be overlooked. As far as the mix stock they actually have to open each box and check if they have drill holes is what I was told but I would think they would have some type of serial number system for that. I'm going to see what the retailer can do for me. They are a platinum store so I will see what happens. Red Sea did want to resolve this. They will be giving me a call back.

If you're purchasing a Red Sea Reefer soon make sure you ask for one that's not Deluxe Ready.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know they made a "Deluxe Ready"????????????????? :confused:

(lol)... Let's see how long the "Deluxe Ready" (Glass Drilled) reefers stays in production. :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back