All new tanks come pre-drilled for Hydra Mounts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know they made a "Deluxe Ready"????????????????? :confused:

(lol)... Let's see how long the "Deluxe Ready" (Glass Drilled) reefers stays in production. :D
they already stopped making them, they're just selling off the ones they already made with out mention it to the buyer.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If... Red Sea was going to have two reefer models then why wasn't the model printed on their reefer boxes?

Last edited:

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No deluxe version of the Nano. Perspective owners need not worry.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a reefer 170 thru BRS with their Memorial Day sale. BRS called Red Sea today and confirmed the tank would not be drilled :)

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm being told by BRS that Red Sea is still shipping drilled 525XL's and will continue to do so until they run out. They also said no way to special order a non-drilled one. I guess I just have to wait a few more weeks/months?!?

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm being told by BRS that Red Sea is still shipping drilled 525XL's and will continue to do so until they run out. They also said no way to special order a non-drilled one. I guess I just have to wait a few more weeks/months?!?
Call red sea customer service, let them know your concerns and that it's a deal breaker and see what they can do.
I just got a warranty replacement on the 250 and requested no holes, I received my tank today. No holes
Red Sea USA - 888REDSEA9

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they drill all the (525XL's) ?

bmbrad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's different from what Red Sea told me. I'm guessing they will pawn off the remaining drilled tanks till they are gone. I hope you get one that's not drilled. I believe I'm stuck with mine... good luck.

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been calling Red Sea and cust serv rep told me same thing. They wont ship a non-drilled tank until all of the drilled ones are gone. At least the girl is willing to let me call her every few weeks to check if they still have some of the 525's. I tried BRS today to see if they could pull some strings and they told him nope. Wish I could afford a Elso 160 cause I would go that route instantly!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been calling Red Sea and cust serv rep told me same thing. They wont ship a non-drilled tank until all of the drilled ones are gone.
I'm sorry :(

bmbrad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call red sea customer service, let them know your concerns and that it's a deal breaker and see what they can do.
I just got a warranty replacement on the 250 and requested no holes, I received my tank today. No holes
Red Sea USA - 888REDSEA9

Glad you got the right tank!

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they drill all the (525XL's) ?
The Red Sea cust ser rep told me they had "several" drilled525's. I just need to wait. I asked her if they could just save those drilled one's for customers that order a deluxe, and send me a non-drilled one and she checked with her supervisor and he said nope.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want to wait, you should look into the non eurobraced SC Aquariums 150 rimless that comes pre-drilled for the 20" Synergy Reef overflow. 3 sides of starphire and 5/8" glass all around. I think it's something like $1500 for the tank only. It's a hair bigger than the 525xl at 60"x24"x24".

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea cust ser rep told me they had "several" drilled525's. I just need to wait. I asked her if they could just save those drilled one's for customers that order a deluxe, and send me a non-drilled one and she checked with her supervisor and he said nope.
I got a 2013 S-Series and they would not sell me the LED upgrade mounting kit without buying the Hydra's??????????

Have you tried to tell your (LFS) to call Red Sea and he wants one without holes. If they balk on him then he just lost a sell too.

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to tell your (LFS) to call Red Sea and he wants one without holes. If they balk on him then he just lost a sell too.[/QUOTE]
I don't have any LFS so that's what I tried to pull with BRS. I spoke with Chad at BRS and told him I would buy right no if he would call Red Sea and get a non- drilled tank. Thus is what he got back to me with,
Hey Nick,
At this time, Red Sea is shipping drilled 525XL tanks until they run out. We do not have the ability at this time to special order a non drilled tank. Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a great day :)

Chad

So that din't work....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back