All Time Most Favorite Sea Creature? This is mine!

BRS

Can you house your most favorite ocean creature in your home aquarium?

• Yes and I do!

Votes: 68 15.1%
  • Yes but I don't have one

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • Yes but it would be illegal

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yes but you would need a HUGE aquarium

Votes: 76 16.9%
  • No but I wish

Votes: 192 42.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 4.4%

• Total voters

Vapor_Tsunami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
1618961799784.png

My favorite is the spotted eagle ray, these beauties are fantastic. Sadly they have over a 16 foot wingspan and so I likely will never own one unless I have many millions of dollars, so my plush Spotted Eagle Dottie will have to do for now.
Second Place goes to the Picasso Trigger, and I can't wait when I can get an aquarium big enough for them once I leave this stupid condo.
1618961917811.png

Third probably goes to Pseudogramma Xantha, or the Lava Basslet, an extremely rare and cryptic fish that I own.
My Thread in my signature goes in detail about them.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Ive been looking for one of these aquatic species but havent found it yet BUT - I'm patient !!!

1618961958198.png

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
In a dream I would have a tank dedicated to a mimic octopus. I don't believe they do well in captivity, aren't that active during the day and don't live that long. Therefore they belong in the ocean.
Unknown.jpeg

A close second in a blue spotted stingray. I know people keep them but for me I would build a large (10' diameter) round pond. Have several sharks and rays, large angels and tangs. Just not in the cards as I intend on staying married.
Unknown-1.jpeg

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
My favorite sea creature is the Sea Turtle. An exquisitely beautiful, complacent, seemingly content, sea creature. Wife and I on a Waverunner in Barbados some time ago. Stopped momentarily, a hundred yards from the beach, a giant sea turtle came, within inches, behind us. My Wife let out a blood-curdling scream while I glanced, but took off like a jet

BigRedReefer MT

View Badges
Reaction score
Unfortunately mine is not only extinct but would be way to large to house in a home aquarium. But... if I could get one I'll bet my 6 yr old would probably help with tank maintenance.;)

kingjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Pearlfish. Its anal symbiosis with the sea cucumber is among the most miraculous wonders of the animal kingdom. I don't know if anyone has kept a pearlfish, so I know nothing of their care requirements or availability. But it would be nice to have a display tank dedicated to the pearlfish/sea cucumber co-evolutionary relationship. Besides, given the karmic downslide I'm on, it would be perhaps prudent to have some direct observation of what awaits me in the next life.

M Stein

View Badges
Reaction score
Sea lions.
There aren't any other sea animals I can imagine cuddling. It would be like having a dog... but in the fish tank.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Pearlfish. Its anal symbiosis with the sea cucumber is among the most miraculous wonders of the animal kingdom. I don't know if anyone has kept a pearlfish, so I know nothing of their care requirements or availability. But it would be nice to have a display tank dedicated to the pearlfish/sea cucumber co-evolutionary relationship. Besides, given the karmic downslide I'm on, it would be perhaps prudent to have some direct observation of what awaits me in the next life.
I sorely regret googling this.

BRS

Do you think that live rock is more beneficial in sump than it is in the main display tank?

• In the sump

Votes: 47 13.0%
  • In the display

Votes: 146 40.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 54 15.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 114 31.6%

FnR