All Time Most Favorite Sea Creature? This is mine!

Can you house your most favorite ocean creature in your home aquarium?

• Yes and I do!

Votes: 69 15.2%
  • Yes but I don't have one

Votes: 74 16.3%
  • Yes but it would be illegal

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yes but you would need a HUGE aquarium

Votes: 77 17.0%
  • No but I wish

Votes: 193 42.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 4.4%

• Total voters

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
orka.jpeg

My favorite ocean creature is an orca. I've seen many documentaries about them, and their intelligence is very interesting to me. I also think they are very beautiful animals. They obviously shouldn't be kept in captivity. I would love to spot them in the wild sometime though!
Majestic and frightening at the same time.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say a great white as my dream fish, but practically speaking I would go with the black tip reef shark, or really any shark. I really wish I could keep one. Who knows, maybe some day....
Finding Nemo Bruce GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Dania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. At one point I wanted an octopus myself. Now I know I couldn't give it a good enough life. Although I would still love to meet one up close.

Low Tech Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll never own a tank big enough to house them, but my wife and I snorkeled through a school of them in Cancun.
Great-Barracuda.jpg
I know what you mean.
I was diving Santa Rosa Wall in Cozumel and me and my group of four ended up in the middle of a very large school of these guys for about 15 minutes doing a drift dive. One of my fondest Mexico diving memories! Very impressive creatures.

GraveKone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gosh I love those little guys!!! Is it easy to keep? Are they very active? I don’t have a tank yet but that is one thing I definitely want!
Not really active because they say largely in the same place while eating and then come out to find the new starfish when hungry again

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this guy is No Shark or Whale.

ClownTriggerFish.jpg

He's a Junvenile Clown Tiggger that I bought on a impulse. I realize that it was a mistake.

I'm enjoying him in my 10 Gallon QT, but after much thought and consideration, and research, he is not a candiate for any of my Reef Tank, 35G, 90G or even 110G. Tanks too small for the long run, current fish compatibility, etc.

I am enjoying him for now. He's the first fish I got to eat pellets, large Pelletss too and I have can and cans of Pellets that none of my fish like.

He picks up every pellet I drop in, including the ones that fall to the Gas Bottom. Eat's other food from my hand using tweezers.

I'll enjoy him for a while, and then he will go back to LFS for a trade in for an more appropriate fish.

Lowlandreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majestic and frightening at the same time.
I agree, they have something frightening about them. But there are no reported cases of fatal Orca attacks in the wild. They are intelligent enough to understand that humans aren't food. Something we can't say about lions or sharks for instance. That's very fascinating to me.

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a marine biologist its hard to pick out just one animal to call my favorite as I have had the unique opportunity to work with many species. If I had to pick just one it would be the Atlantic Sturgeon. They are very unique looking and have survived literally hundreds of millions of years.

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fortunate enough to encounter one of these guys while diving. One of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen.
eagle ray.jpg

Encountered an eagle ray while night diving. This guy really wanted to play. Wouldn't leave my dive buddy and me alone. Kept bumping up against us and wanted to be petted. I would never try to house one, but I sure wish I could.
Shut up! Are you kidding me!!!! Holy crap that’s cool.

AntFarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to own a mandarin one day. Once I feel more comfortable and can set up a viable food source I may try one out. That and a lawnmower blenny. I think they 're both very beautiful looking fish.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back