Allen Damsel and Chromis

Alfredo77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

Thank you in advance for any advise you can provide, I would like to put a Allen's damsel and a blue green chromis in a 25 gallon aquarium. Has anyone have experience with a similar combination? I am concerned
about the aggressivenes towards the chromis.

Thank you

Alfredo

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with the Allen damsel, but the chromis are not very shy, and do not get bullied that easily, so I am guessing it would be alright, especially if you place them in at the same time, or if your put the damsel in after the chromis is settled in. Try to have several cave or good hiding place, and it should be ok.
I did have a chromis killed by a threeline damsel, but the damsel was the senior inhabitant in the tank, and was already a mature adult and the chromis were juvenile and brand new in the tank. I had separated the tank with egg crates, to isolate the damsel, but one of my chromis managed to sneak on the side of the damsel, and was immediately attacked. It was the chromis first day in the tank. The remaining 7 chromis and the damsel got used to each other and have been together for several years now with no more problems.

OP
OP
A

Alfredo77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with the Allen damsel, but the chromis are not very shy, and do not get bullied that easily, so I am guessing it would be alright, especially if you place them in at the same time, or if your put the damsel in after the chromis is settled in. Try to have several cave or good hiding place, and it should be ok.
I did have a chromis killed by a threeline damsel, but the damsel was the senior inhabitant in the tank, and was already a mature adult and the chromis were juvenile and brand new in the tank. I had separated the tank with egg crates, to isolate the damsel, but one of my chromis managed to sneak on the side of the damsel, and was immediately attacked. It was the chromis first day in the tank. The remaining 7 chromis and the damsel got used to each other and have been together for several years now with no more problems.
Thank you for your reply, I think you are completely right, so far the two in a quarantine tank (10g) get along well. At the beginning the Allen damsel would be a bit menacing whenever the chromis would be nearby its area, but I also saw it nipping the tail of the damsel. A couple of days later they ignore each others presence.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back