Alternatives to Digital Aquatics Probes and Parts.

Neptune

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
How are the replacement temp probes working? My standard temp probe on my SL1 that control my chiller and heater its showing an "Error" message and alarm. I tried replace than for a Amazon probe that was good and stable here on forum and didnt work for me, after two weeks start drifts really bad. I Just calibrated a lot different probes and nothing stable.

OP
n2585722

n2585722

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not sure what is being used as a replacement now. I still have some DA temp probes. I have been switching over everything to the Hydros. So I have enough DA temp probes for my use now. If I remember correctly there was another thread started on temp probes here on R2R. You might search for that also.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sad that these controllers just become glorified timers when your temp probe goes and there are no suitable replacements.
Has anyone tried to splice a Neptune probe with the old connector?

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How are the replacement temp probes working? My standard temp probe on my SL1 that control my chiller and heater its showing an "Error" message and alarm. I tried replace than for a Amazon probe that was good and stable here on forum and didnt work for me, after two weeks start drifts really bad. I Just calibrated a lot different probes and nothing stable.
I had the same issue with my SL1 probe driffting a lot. Turns out the port for the temp probe in the SL1 is bad. I just use the iTemp probe now and dont have the issue any more.

Neptune

What percentage of blue versus white lighting do you think makes the best coral growth combo?

• All Blue

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • Mostly Blue

Votes: 426 62.4%
  • Even Balance

Votes: 177 25.9%
  • Mostly White

Votes: 50 7.3%
  • All White

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 1.5%