13   0   0
Koralin, and deltec

45bravo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dads a rare breed, single, and works 7 days a week. And a majority of his customers are winterizes, which only take 2 hours. My point was customer service tho, there’s no way he meets his deadlines but , always has repeat customers because of how he handles it.

my email was very simple, asked for an updated, as it’s been 4 weeks since order, and was giving a 4 week deadline.
That email was 2 weeks ago. Everything I’ve read, and heard, was he’s the best. It just seems odd to me, that he has given me no updates, no emails saying he’s late, or delayed. Nothing. I have a tank that’s been sitting well set up for 6+ months, but don’t want to add corals till I have my reactor. I don’t know, I think I have a right to be a little annoyed. It’s a lot of money to spend on something, with barely a response for an update on when, or if it’s coming.

He sure is man thats awesome.

I don‘t know man I’d seriously just wait it out, I’m sure the wait is gonna be worth it. Even with the tank set up for that long you could have been adding coral not having a reactor isn’t gonna kill off coral by any means, you’d have to have very large colonies or quantities for it to cause a problem. Or have some massive clams for that matter. Regular 2 week water changes or even once a month and maybe add a little calcium and magnesium those 2 bottles would last a long tIve. I feel you on the money part I spent probably 1600 more on my filter than I originally planned I always just built my own from other tanks. I just wanted all this to match and look nice since I’ll have an entire room for the filtration/ tank since its gonna be in the wall.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He sure is man thats awesome.

I don‘t know man I’d seriously just wait it out, I’m sure the wait is gonna be worth it. Even with the tank set up for that long you could have been adding coral not having a reactor isn’t gonna kill off coral by any means, you’d have to have very large colonies or quantities for it to cause a problem. Or have some massive clams for that matter. Regular 2 week water changes or even once a month and maybe add a little calcium and magnesium those 2 bottles would last a long tIve. I feel you on the money part I spent probably 1600 more on my filter than I originally planned I always just built my own from other tanks. I just wanted all this to match and look nice since I’ll have an entire room for the filtration/ tank since its gonna be in the wall.

I’m going SPS dominant, I’m also not home for 2 weeks at a time, so I very rarely do water changes. I just want to have everything in place, before going forwards with corals. I’ve never had success with them, until my last tank, with a calcium reactor. I’m probably close to 5k in this tank already. That’s scary to think. Lol

45bravo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
I’m going SPS dominant, I’m also not home for 2 weeks at a time, so I very rarely do water changes. I just want to have everything in place, before going forwards with corals. I’ve never had success with them, until my last tank, with a calcium reactor. I’m probably close to 5k in this tank already. That’s scary to think. Lol

You still would have been ok for now, wife or girlfriend?, they could have easily added the dose you would need, a few ml, in a few min even each day. If you have dosing pumps and a controller it could do automatic water changes every day from even just from rubbermaid containers that's honestly the way to go if you have the ability.

I have the same kind of thing going on now I calculated it all originally and knew I'd be into this tank about 15k, I'm currently right at 10.5k. You know what I have to show for it so far? 260lbs of rock in a 100 gallon stock tank cycling using 2 MP40s from my last tank and my 6000-SSS skimmer from my last tank, and a bunch of stuff in boxes. Still waiting on the tank and stand to be built, they said 4-6 weeks, its been about 6 now so I'll just keep waiting then on top of that I'm out of the country and then when I do come home I have to finish my basement so I can even set everything up. The last larger purchases I have to make are lights and 2 more MP40s. On top of all this my 100lb girlfriend at home has been moving all this stuff downstairs from deliveries and making the trips to the fish store, shes a little trooper. I'm just lucky I used to manage the marine fish store so I can just text the owner when I need something ordered. One things for sure though that pod population in all the rock is gonna be huge with no predators to speak of an being fed phytoplankton every day for probably almost 1 year.

I'm doing a mixed reef and I plan to have 1.5 gallons of water automatically change every day then I'll change 30 manually every month so I can be sure the sand bed is clean. since I'm lucky enough to have the whole filter room though I'll have 2 75 gallon tanks so the dosing pumps will pull from the salt tank then I'll also have the sink in that room that the water from the tank will drain to. Anyways just like everyone you and I just want stable tanks that we don't have to mess with a lot, maybe 20 min a day, and just enjoy them.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who cares if he is a one man show! That is his choice, we the people didn't force him to run his business solo!

LifeReef is a 1 man show and always takes the time to answer questions and talk to his customers.

Maybe Geo doesnt care if he loses a customer and if that's the case one day he may lose them all with an attitude like that. Without happy customers he will have no business and he should remember that.

Like how hard is it to say "sorry I am running behind due to X or Y and I'm not exactly sure when you product will be completed but I will keep you posted when it is ready". I would bet the OP wouldnt be as ticked off had Geo said that. Its simple treat people like you want to be treated. also don't give a "UP to 4 week" window if you know you are behind. Maybe say 4-8 weeks.

But to answer your question I would give Deltec a shot, they are great reactors also.

Last edited:

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find this if you want a Geo's

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to practice for SPS then start keeping records. Nobody ever talks about this but it is vitally important. Test and write things down.

Typically what kills SPS is what you did 2 weeks ago.

You can also practice by just tossing 20 bills out the window on your drive home from work.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to practice for SPS then start keeping records. Nobody ever talks about this but it is vitally important. Test and write things down.

Typically what kills SPS is what you did 2 weeks ago.

You can also practice by just tossing 20 bills out the window on your drive home from work.
It’s not keeping sos, my previous tank had over 60 frags that grew to mini colonies. I just know what works for me, and won’t add corals with out a reactor. My Alk consumption alone from cola line is .5 DKH a day.

32782E46-FB2D-4048-ADD1-624541546DA9.jpeg

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, long story short, ordered a calcium reactor, been way over the 4 week deadline, very rude response when I asked for an update. Still no calcium reactor. Spent $600 on nothing it seems.

Any alternatives to a geos calcium reactor? I get things take time, but don’t give a 4 week deadline, then get mad when the customer asks for an update. My tank needs it before I start adding corals...
Deltec twintech is far the best around

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are 100% correct, my tank calms my PTSD, and anxiety. That’s why I have it. I don’t care about the money, or making money from it. That’s why my jobs for.

Aquariums tend to do that when you’re in it for the beauty, understanding, and nurturing of the animals.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Koralin
Deltec

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised no one is recommending Reef Octopus with Varios pump.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any one know how to the cr612 actually is? His website says 16inch over all height, mines only 12 inches. Also says it will hold 8lbs if media, but if I dump in 8lbs of media ... it’s over flowing. Even the nano reactor is supposedly taller at 14inches

C922D457-E861-47D2-B7D3-60A8E890F31B.png 32B88DEC-5711-4728-B3DA-09B60F26B674.jpeg 076F0FC5-E989-42DA-9F2D-4AE51095A6E8.jpeg

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any one know how to the cr612 actually is? His website says 16inch over all height, mines only 12 inches. Also says it will hold 8lbs if media, but if I dump in 8lbs of media ... it’s over flowing. Even the nano reactor is supposedly taller at 14inches

C922D457-E861-47D2-B7D3-60A8E890F31B.png 32B88DEC-5711-4728-B3DA-09B60F26B674.jpeg 076F0FC5-E989-42DA-9F2D-4AE51095A6E8.jpeg

The name 612 means 6" diameter and 12" height

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The name 612 means 6" diameter and 12" height
I figured that out, I’m just confused why it says 16over all Height. Maybe I’m thinking to much into it, but when it’s described as something, regardless of name, that’s what a customer expects. And the 618 says it’s 22 inches, so I’m wondering where the 4 inches is going on the reactors.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back