Am I Cycling My Quarantine Tank Correctly

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't that mean the bacteria would be only in the filter and not in the tank (Sorry, not really fluent on how bacteria works in the tank)?
Bacteria lives on surfaces and not in water column.i will try find you good video from doctor tim to watch

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I found this very interesting and learnt lots lots from it.
Some stuff above my pay grade but i used what needed and ditched the rest.maybe i understand more as my journey continues

OP
OP
A

albertski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I found this very interesting and learnt lots lots from it.
Some stuff above my pay grade but i used what needed and ditched the rest.maybe i understand more as my journey continues

Dr. Tim mentions removing your filter sock. Should I remove the sponge and carbon and only keep the biomedia?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Tim mentions removing your filter sock. Should I remove the sponge and carbon and only keep the biomedia?
I take it your sponge is inside your internal or hob filter? If so then imo i would leave it in for extra surface area for bacteria to colonise.
Like he says in video above though.wherever bacteria are ,if you throw that away then you throwing bacteria away also.
I just opened top of my filter and poured some of doctor tims one and only onto the sponge and bio balls then poured rest in the water.

As for the carbon.i think i said it above of will let you research if you want it in your filter or not as me personally i didnt want it in but your choice but would research it first the pro's and cons.

Back