Am I forgetting anything? 3/4 maple plywood stand.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just about finished with the stand for my 14 gal IM peninsula. Before I trim it out and stain, what would you add? What extra holes would you cut? Etc etc.

External equipment: ATO and reservoir, Mame skimmer collection cup, Mame skimmer air pump. That’s it, no sump, no nothing.

I have recessed the back panel to leave wired and controllers hidden yet accessible. I have also punched out holes for hoses and wires that go to the external equipment.

image.jpg

Inside I have the top shelf for the external equipment, bottom shelf for whatever.
image.jpg

Door gets no hinges. I have wire bezels for the holes in the back panel.

Make your recommendations, please!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could get really fancy and add rollers for the shelves. Easy to pull equipment out for maintenance

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what it needs. An LED strip inside for visibility. I am a night shift guy so when it’s dark, my tank lights are on and I typically use those to see because I’m too lazy to flip the switch 17 ft away.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what it needs. An LED strip inside for visibility. I am a night shift guy so when it’s dark, my tank lights are on and I typically use those to see because I’m too lazy to flip the switch 17 ft away.
Maybe a battery powered one that you tap on and off. Use them in my hunting blind.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I was thinking about an exoskeleton made of 80x80 t slot. Should I still do the 4x’s? Pressure treated or not?
I have a 90 gallon and didn't use any 4x4s

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back