Am I going to fry my corals?

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I currently have an AI Prime HD(13) over my Evo 13.5. UV, violet, blue, deep blue 100%, white 60%, red 35%, green 30%. I'm going to swap it out with my 4 bulb t5ho(24w tubes) with 2 ATI super Actinic, ATI blue+, and ATI aqua blue special. Tank has acros, favia, chalices, torch, maxima clam. Question is, am I going to bleach them all out with a simple swap??

Corals.com

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My advice would be to double check the par both before and after you install... from personal experience, any change in lighting intensity can cause bleaching and tissue damage, even when done slowly. A quick swap like that will likely create some issues for you; especially with chalices, torches, and favias. Your clam and acros will love the brighter lights though...

OP
ClearRain

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Currently running 8 hour schedule, ramp up 2 hours, 4 hours max settings, 2 hours ramp down. Was thinking I could start with 6 hour schedule using 2 bulbs for 2 weeks to acclimate? Then add third bulb, 2 weeks, add fourth bulb. Keeping all non acros on the sand bed? Or use something like weed fabric to reduce the intensity of the light?

Fritz

Is your aquarium water as CLEAR as you would like?

• YES

Votes: 316 60.0%
  • NO

Votes: 182 34.5%
  • Don't care that much

Votes: 21 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.5%
Zoanthids.com