OP
KonradTO

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember if you added pods. It made a huge difference in my tanks algea problems. Over harvest the fuge at first. Don't starve your dt. If nutrients 1increases then harvest less. Can you dip the lepto? The scrubber can reduce tank algea but it takes time. Let all things grow in it. Looks good. Be patient.
Also I will try with pods. Since I started with LR I always had some pods, but maybe they need a boost :)

OP
OP
KonradTO

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emerald Crabs & urchins are much too aggressive as I value ornamental seaweeds in mixed garden lagoons.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
wow that GSP seems happy XD but very beautiful. I always avoided "easy" corals because I feared they would take over my tank. Maybe it's time to give up to the dark force and get some gsp and xenia...

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that GSP seems happy XD but very beautiful. I always avoided "easy" corals because I feared they would take over my tank. Maybe it's time to give up to the dark force and get some gsp and xenia...

Earlier in this thread, you asked how to control nutrients other than water change. Nutrient recycling into fast growing corals and macro. Prune & sell fast growing coral for nutrient export. I compost tomatoes with macro export.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there something that kills algae but does not kill corals which I can use to dip the lepto in? maybe peroxide?
Yes at the moment I relocated some macros from the DT to the sump. When they will grow a bit I will start to trim them.
Nitrates and phosphates already went down a bit. Nitrates are ok (around 10ppm), phosphates hard to tell, I will be confident that they don't reach complete zero with the feedings and fish waste.
I just used peroxide 3% in a torch frag. It came covered. Paint it on with a brush. I have leptos that seem very hardy but I've never used peroxide on them.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used peroxide 3% in a torch frag. It came covered. Paint it on with a brush. I have leptos that seem very hardy but I've never used peroxide on them.

Many that focus on control of all new additions, dip coral frags in a 10% solution of 3% peroxide for 10 minutes.
I have used this dip to eliminate a flat worm infestation as I transferred live rock & coral from infected tank. Only the slime coat of coral protects itself from this strong oxidizer. It destroys all algae, pods, micro starfish, spaghetti worms and coral if left too long. I use peroxide to spot treat Aptasia in the tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back