Am I too new for this forum?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck... it takes time to learn it all. At least people are replying to you. I’ve stop asking questions because I get few answers. But if I read enough I get answers on here. I guess people get tired of answering the same question over and over again. Just keep researching and get many answers before you make decisions, because there are so many opinions and different tank chemistry’s. This hobby is constantly changing. Welcome!
To be fair to users on here, you made a post in someone else’s thread in April last year, and a couple today, c’mon. Give the helpers a chance.

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Wcome. Never too new. Ask away. Take the info with a grain of salt for sure and apply to your life and your tank.
D

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck... it takes time to learn it all. At least people are replying to you. I’ve stop asking questions because I get few answers. But if I read enough I get answers on here. I guess people get tired of answering the same question over and over again. Just keep researching and get many answers before you make decisions, because there are so many opinions and different tank chemistry’s. This hobby is constantly changing. Welcome!
Sorry to hear you say that! I have not seen any of your questions so I don’t know why that would be. Glad your research has provided some answers for you.
I try to answer a lot of questions if I am knowledgeable on the question asked. Some times I get fed up with the questions asking for help but not providing any information to help answer the question.
Example: Help all my fish died. My parameters are good. What is the problem?
It is impossible to answer without having any real information. We should not have to ask for more information, but I see those kind of questions every day. Sometimes I will ask for more info. Other times I don't have the time.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This plaice is especially important for new reefers. Folks don’t mind answering the same old questions again and again. Ask away. You can always look at advisors build threads which may put their advice into perspective. Welcome.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly there are a lot of people that have had there aquarium for 2 months and are giving advice on things they clearly do not understand. So filter any information for possible misinformation and decide if it makes sense to you.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KentuckyKenny welcome! I’m fairly new to reefing (about 18 months) and only found this group a few months after I had my tank set up and equipment installed by a local fish store (LFS). Luckily the store did a nice job and didn’t rip me off. That said, I’ve now learned a lot and would have changed some things at the outset. But that’s okay.

Here‘s what I’ve learned along the way. First, everyone is willing to help and will offer their opinions. But you’ll need to sort fact from opinion and figure out what wI’ll work best for you. For many topics there are good reasons in both sides. Second, a successful tank doesn’t happen overnight — except on TV. Take your time and keep things consistent. For example, big and sudden changes in water chemistry are bad. There are very few quick fidea, and don’t get caught up ”chasing numbers” If you take the long view life seems easier.

Take your time, organize your thoughts, and come up with a plan. Knowing of course it will change. Enjoy all of it!

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, welcome! Ask anything and everything. Everyone here is awesome and will help in anyway. I’m a teacher, and truthfully, there is no question too small.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Kenny!
I was in the hobby many years ago and then got out of it due to health reasons. Got back into it last year and so much had changed. Feel free to ask tons of questions, I did.
This forum is a fantastic group of people who are ALWAYS willing to help out a fellow reefer. Enjoy your new tank and again, welcome to the family! ;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Never too new or old in this hobby

5F79A074-8492-4AB2-8130-2B2B0BA107DA.png

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome future reefing brother.
It might be good to have someone to answer questions for you as time goes by during your research.

Feel free to pm me with anything.
I had a work related accident and will be home for a couple months at least, so I have the time.

Also look at fellow reefers build threads to get an idea of the type of tank and system you would like to have.

Lots of great people hear to learn from here!

As I always do....
giphy (1).gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 7.7%
Back