Am so upset i was cleaning my tank

El ingeniero de la letra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning my tank and i have a coral beauty a pretty big clownfish they were friends so i put them together to lower the level of stress while i was cleaning the tan i had an eye on them they were good close together and playing i ho to finish what i started and boom my clown fish completely destroyed my coral beauty am telling i was trying to eat the back fin lower fin top fin destroyed she is definitely trying to live that happens 2 days ago so i gave the tank to her so she can heal, and don't ask my about the clown

15939820075123020033695495785399.jpg 15939820474379152133634502281278.jpg 1593982150371576641393285439493.jpg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try seachem stress guard and feeding some food with vitachem or selcon or something like pellets or flakes that are loaded with nutrition. Stress guard is supposed to heal up wounds.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In a healthy system and good feeding, the Coral Beauty should be fine. When toy say that you put the Coral Beauty "together" with the clown - what do you mean specifically?

OP
OP
E

El ingeniero de la letra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a healthy system and good feeding, the Coral Beauty should be fine. When toy say that you put the Coral Beauty "together" with the clown - what do you mean specifically?
In the same bucket of water they were very good friends in the tank so to minimize stress i put them in a 5gallon bucket with water it was until i cleaned the tank i monitored them they were fine it happen so fast i guess‍♂️

OP
OP
E

El ingeniero de la letra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try seachem stress guard and feeding some food with vitachem or selcon or something like pellets or flakes that are loaded with nutrition. Stress guard is supposed to heal up wounds.
I will thanks i have the vitamins he is a fighter he is trying to swim but he has no balance some white thing is starting to come out wich is good thats new tissue he is a healthy one hopefully he comes out of this one

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i ask why you need to remove your fish to clean your tank? That doesn't seem right...

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i ask why you need to remove your fish to clean your tank? That doesn't seem right...

^^^This^^^

I was wondering the same thing. The only times I've had to remove the livestock for a "cleaning" was the exceptionally rare complete reboot of the system - maybe twice in 30+ years, or when I'm upgrading to a new system and even then I generally set the new tank up and just move the fish from the old home to the new.

FWIW - given time, your fish may very well recover, but will likely be scarred forever.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

El ingeniero de la letra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^This^^^

I was wondering the same thing. The only times I've had to remove the livestock for a "cleaning" was the exceptionally rare complete reboot of the system - maybe twice in 30+ years, or when I'm upgrading to a new system and even then I generally set the new tank up and just move the fish from the old home to the new.

FWIW - given time, your fish may very well recover, but will likely be scarred forever.
Easier said than done is very hard to remove a fish when u have a landscape of rocks is literally impossible but it we did it we change the landscape clean everything it feels like i just bought a new tank i recommended to anyone

OP
OP
E

El ingeniero de la letra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not enough room? Some fish that do well in larger tanks fight when placed in smaller ones.
Thats exactly what happen but they were monitored constantly and they seem perfect so i trusted them and boom it happen in 10 to 15 period when i go check on them the coral beauty was destroyed

OP
OP
E

El ingeniero de la letra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guy is me again the coral beauty continues his journey i refuse to give uo on him he was doing fine he healed of his injuries now he has white fins and something white coming out of his eye i think is fungus wich i just treat him any input will help thanks

20200904_130157.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back