Amazing Japanese Reef Tank Under Atlantik V4 LED Lighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are seven fixtures over the tank.

Oh, he meant the whole tank. Gotcha. I thought he meant each panel was that much ;Dead

My point was Kessils large panels aren't that far off, about 1k each. Because anyone setting up a 400 gallon tank and loading it with coral has to have great lights and if you're spending the money for that size tank and all those coral, you're dang sure gonna have the best lights. I don't even think it's possible to go a cheap route with a tank that big.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That chart states a difference of .08 euro. That's like a penny in US. So they're basically tied for first ;).

And I always wondered why US retailers like BRS and MD never carried them.

I own 2 older versions on a six foot tank and they work great. If you were really interested in buying seven at one time then you would need to get a quote. Their advertised price is for one at a time. The same person would have used probably 10 or more of the Radion. Who other than Orphek makes led fixtures for coral tanks over 4 foot deep and deeper.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own 2 older versions on a six foot tank and they work great. If you were really interested in buying seven at one time then you would need to get a quote. Their advertised price is for one at a time. The same person would have used probably 10 or more of the Radion. Who other than Orphek makes led fixtures for coral tanks over 4 foot deep and deeper.

I have always loved their lights and consider them to be the best available. Every once in a while I read up on their research. They do incredible work and the lights are flawless. I haven't been able to find a single person in the US that sells them. Don't know why when they produce excellent results.

Imo, anyone that spends money on Radions would've done themselves a favor if they got Orphek lights instead.

BRS Investigates is currently running a test using Orphek, so hopefully they'll start carrying them.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lights, but imo with a rimless tank, in a home setting those lights would hurt my eyes.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lights, but imo with a rimless tank, in a home setting those lights would hurt my eyes.
Now don't get me wrong that is a lot of light maybe even more than is needed. The one thing I found with metal halide and T-5 no matter what height the lighting is you get spill over way beyond the tank but since leds with lens are very directional you can set the height of the lights to give very little spill over. I am sure one reason for so many lights is so there is no shading and on your home aquarium you would probably only use 3-5 lights. My Orpheks are 9" above the tank, two fixtures on a 72"x30"x27" tall.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now don't get me wrong that is a lot of light maybe even more than is needed. The one thing I found with metal halide and T-5 no matter what height the lighting is you get spill over way beyond the tank but since leds with lens are very directional you can set the height of the lights to give very little spill over. I am sure one reason for so many lights is so there is no shading and on your home aquarium you would probably only use 3-5 lights. My Orpheks are 9" above the tank, two fixtures on a 72"x30"x27" tall.

Not talking about the lights, I'm talking about the fixture itself. There's light bleeding on the corners. I run a 36" ATI hybrid over my 48" tank, light spill is very minimum.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like each of that light will need to replaced by 2 Radion XR30, so that would be 14 x $800 = 11.2k.
Before I got my lights I checked with Eco-Tech and they recommended 3 Radions over my tank and then place corals accordingly. 3 Radions is great for a 72" x 24" x 24" tank but when you go like my tank to grow SPS well anywhere, it would have taken 6 Radions vs 2 of the Orphek. Now if I was using the newest version I would want at least 3 over my tank. My system is not super fancy and I am not growing a lot of expensive SPS, right now I have about 2 square feet of Monti Cap that I might have to just throw away as it grows too fast. It has covered a large portion of bottom glass, it has become a weed. I have 2 Duncans started out at 2 heads each they are way up in tank lots of flow and now just over 2 years they are over 70 heads each. My problem now is I am thinking about rearranging my rock work after being setup for 2 years because I am bored and did not do the best planning after I moved. People when they see the tank they will say don't they take a lot of work and money. Money yes they can, time is not so much, feed the fish three times a day, empty skimmer once a week, clean the glass once a week, fill calcium reactor every 2-3 months, test water about once a month.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not talking about the lights, I'm talking about the fixture itself. There's light bleeding on the corners. I run a 36" ATI hybrid over my 48" tank, light spill is very minimum.
There is a glow through the acrylic but it is just a glow not bright. I love the ATI hybrid but was looking for the lower heat and no tube replacement.

Aliasger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek brings you exclusive pictures with the new Atlantik V4 spectrum!

amazing-Reef-aquarium-LED-light.jpg

Last April we shared an amazing Japanese 400 gallon reef tank belonging to our friend and client Masahiro Kamya from Pacific-Japan Co.

Our trip to Japan gave us the opportunity to meet him and his adorable wife in person and discuss the upgrade of his tank from our previous Atlantik V3 Plus to our Atlantik V4 LED reef lights.

Masahiro started with V2 Orphek lights and has been upgrading since.
Led-Aquarium-reef-light.jpg

Orphek-Atlantik-v4-LED-Aquarium-light.jpg

to continue to read more :https://orphek.com/amazing-japanese-reef-tank-atlantik-v4-led-lighting/

Hi, i am buying orphek V4 pendant and i want to know a proper supplier please. I contacted orphek on there website and after all details they asked me to pay some person in hongkong. The proforma invoice was from orphek but the reciever was some individual. Kindly help! I haven't paid but i need to know is this orphek company genuine or what?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i am buying orphek V4 pendant and i want to know a proper supplier please. I contacted orphek on there website and after all details they asked me to pay some person in hongkong. The proforma invoice was from orphek but the reciever was some individual. Kindly help! I haven't paid but i need to know is this orphek company genuine or what?

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That chart states a difference of .08 euro. That's like a penny in US. So they're basically tied for first ;).

And I always wondered why US retailers like BRS and MD never carried them.
you can Buy at 899$ At BRS .
Orphek Atlantik PF (power Factor) 0.973 ,if you understand what this mean ! most of other company power factor is much low that why you will not find much information about .
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/atlantik-v4-led-light-fixture-orphek.html

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Burning_SPS_coral_color_under_LED_Aquarium_lights.jpeg
Gemmifera__SPS_coral_color_under_LED_Aquarium_lights.jpeg
Humi_tricolor.jpeg
SSC.jpeg
WD_ultimate_SPS_coral_color_under_LED_Aquarium_lights.jpeg
WD_or_so_SPS_coral_color_under_LED_Aquarium_lights.jpeg
tenuis_WD.jpeg
tenuis_Rainbow2_SPS_coral_color_under_LED_Aquarium_lights.jpeg
TRIO_SPS_coral_color_under_LED_Aquarium_lights.jpeg

This SPS under the Atlantik v4 !
Aquarium_LED_lighting.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful reef for sure. Still confused on why someone would comment about cost in this thread. It seems the point is being completely missed here.

The tank looks amazing under these lights.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back