Amazing Product - Amazing Results - Enough Said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the single best upgrade for any tank and for the price makes this stupid not to try!

I started with this product back in January as I was looking for a solution to create more flow in more areas in the tank and did not want to go with any moving part solutions. At this time I had a RSM130D (Red Sea Max 130D) I already had a problem with heat in the tank so I didn't want to add another powerhead. I ordered the 1/2 inch one and used the upgraded 500gph RSM pump from Sicce to push it. Immediately I had amazing flow patterns and actually had surface movement as well as deepwater currents. I noticed the fish were more active and swam much differently. I also noticed the corals looked much healthier with superior polyp extension and many all around the tank now were waving in the flow. I was hooked. The month after I added the RFG coral growth seemed to increase especially a Birdsnest SPS which liked flow but never did well in constant blasting. This product is AMAZING and at a great price!

Following this, I decided to add one of these to a family members 13G Fluval setup which they also noticed similar results. My dad has a 500G Fish only system and after seeing my tank decided to add two of the 3/4 inch RFGs and loved them.

With the increased growth of SPS I decided I wanted to go bigger so I got an SCA 66-gallon aquarium and put two 1/2 inch ones on and love the results! Sorry for ****** phone quality photo but check out the birdsnest in the top center which was only a few branches 6 months ago. Now it is about the size of a baseball and is growing at a rapid pace! The montipora digitata on the right middle was half that size when I got it at RAP Orlando!

1563580226403.png

Powerheads were added to shoot behind rocks. I think I probably had enough flow but I hate detritus build up!

We met the owner/creator at RAP Orlando and spoke at length and saw the demonstrations. I have been bringing a sample to local shops and friends and everyone seems to be amazed and love this product!

This is the single best upgrade for any tank and for the price makes this stupid not to try!

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I started with this product back in January as I was looking for a solution to create more flow in more areas in the tank and did not want to go with any moving part solutions. At this time I had a RSM130D (Red Sea Max 130D) I already had a problem with heat in the tank so I didn't want to add another powerhead. I ordered the 1/2 inch one and used the upgraded 500gph RSM pump from Sicce to push it. Immediately I had amazing flow patterns and actually had surface movement as well as deepwater currents. I noticed the fish were more active and swam much differently. I also noticed the corals looked much healthier with superior polyp extension and many all around the tank now were waving in the flow. I was hooked. The month after I added the RFG coral growth seemed to increase especially a Birdsnest SPS which liked flow but never did well in constant blasting. This product is AMAZING and at a great price!

Following this, I decided to add one of these to a family members 13G Fluval setup which they also noticed similar results. My dad has a 500G Fish only system and after seeing my tank decided to add two of the 3/4 inch RFGs and loved them.

With the increased growth of SPS I decided I wanted to go bigger so I got an SCA 66-gallon aquarium and put two 1/2 inch ones on and love the results! Sorry for ****** phone quality photo but check out the birdsnest in the top center which was only a few branches 6 months ago. Now it is about the size of a baseball and is growing at a rapid pace! The montipora digitata on the right middle was half that size when I got it at RAP Orlando!

1563580226403.png

Powerheads were added to shoot behind rocks. I think I probably had enough flow but I hate detritus build up!

We met the owner/creator at RAP Orlando and spoke at length and saw the demonstrations. I have been bringing a sample to local shops and friends and everyone seems to be amazed and love this product!

Wow - thank you so much for the awesome an detailed review, @AquaRaider44 . I'll be sure to share it with the whole team - we all love reading success stories like this.

We'll be at RAP Orlando again in April, so be sure to come find us at booth 529.
I will also be attentding (no booth this year) and walking around MACNA at the end of next month, so if you're going, be sure to come find me. I'll be the one with the VCA shirt on :)

OP
OP
AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - thank you so much for the awesome an detailed review, @AquaRaider44 . I'll be sure to share it with the whole team - we all love reading success stories like this.

We'll be at RAP Orlando again in April, so be sure to come find us at booth 529.
I will also be attentding (no booth this year) and walking around MACNA at the end of next month, so if you're going, be sure to come find me. I'll be the one with the VCA shirt on :)
I think I will be at MACNA this year as its finally local! I will keep an eye out for you!

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will be at MACNA this year as its finally local! I will keep an eye out for you!
Cool - as we get closer let plan some time to meet up. Maybe i should get a meeting room and do a VCA meetup or something since I won't be stuck in a booth this year.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im excited to get them running on my new 70g tank! I have a DC return pump that can pump 3170gph; going to be blasting dual 3/4 VCA nozzles.

OP
OP
AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im excited to get them running on my new 70g tank! I have a DC return pump that can pump 3170gph; going to be blasting dual 3/4 VCA nozzles.
That's going to be amazing. I have my two half inch ones on a 3434 gph jeabo 13000 dc pump. I have it on a manafold and about 1000gph goes to my chiller sterilizer algae srubber and reactors.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks @AquaRaider44 for the support. Just an FYI, i added your review to our User and Video page, You currently occupy the top position ;-)

@Hyde2406 - you can also check out our YouTube channel for a bunch of flow upgrade videos and flow demos at varying flow rates.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm anxious go see to see this one too. Quick! get some water in the tank and lets tun on the pump :)

OP
OP
AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @AquaRaider44 for the support. Just an FYI, i added your review to our User and Video page, You currently occupy the top position ;-)

@Hyde2406 - you can also check out our YouTube channel for a bunch of flow upgrade videos and flow demos at varying flow rates.
Sweet

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics I've seen some reviews that say they are just a little big to snap on to the loc-line pieces. Has this been corrected?

Yes - We test fit every single RFG we ship to insure as good a fit as possible.

However, there are a few different brands of modular hose out there, and the Random Flow Generator is designed to attach directly to Genuine Loc-Line only. THe easuest way to tell if you ahve Loc-Lien is to look for the "LOC-LINE" logo embosed on each segment the hose.

The RFG wont directly fit other brands of hose because the shape and size of the ball connector is different. Certain brands will snap on but wont hold tight,while others simply wont connect.

We have addressed this as well, with our Modular Hose Adapters - we make a number of them for different size hoses, and are adding new ones all the time as we encounter them:

the cool thing is, these adapters will also allow you to connect genuine Loc-Line to these off-brand hoses as well.

With all that said, if on the off chance you should get one that is loose or doesn fit properly, and you do have genuine Loc-Line, we would absolutely stand behind our product and replace it.

Sorry for the long explanation but yours was a good questions and I felt it needed a good answer :)

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the one I have. I am a big advocate for them and I have been bugging my LFS to carry them. For the cost it’s one the best things to add to a tank. You can kinda see it up there
IMG_0463.JPG
it’s finally starting to get coraline on it! Looks cool
IMG_0493.JPG

OP
OP
AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the one I have. I am a big advocate for them and I have been bugging my LFS to carry them. For the cost it’s one the best things to add to a tank. You can kinda see it up there
IMG_0463.JPG
it’s finally starting to get coraline on it! Looks cool
IMG_0493.JPG
Looks sweet I'm sure it has helped with that success.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am willing to give it a shot for the price!
awesome! - what size Random FLow Generator™ Nozzles you are you considering?
All of our RFG Nozzle have flow rating for minimal and "Suggested Optimal Flow" rates. For the best, randozied flow we suggest you try and meet or even exceed the Optimal Suggested Flow rate.

It's also important to note that our flow ratings are without the nozzle in pace. So for instance, the 3/4in RFG has a suggest Optimal Flow rating of 420-500 GPH to the nozzle - here's a flow demo with a single 3/4in RFG at just 500-550 GPH. (Air bubbles and fake anemones added for visualization purposes :) )

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back