Amazon's Saltwater Supplies and their Return Policy

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I occasionally find myself buying various things from Amazon. At times I've had to call them due to receiving items that I could tell someone else had or used and then returned and in turn was put back on the shelf and then sent to me. A year ago I purchased a heater and upon taking it out of the box I could tell it was used as there was salt residue still on the rubber suction cups. That always stuck in my mind to take caution with certain items when buying from them as they seem to allow anything to get returned taking the buyers word that they didn't use it or it was broken upon arrival. Anyways, I didn't listen to my own rules. The other day I had a small order of some clothing items and also saw they sell the ESV Bionic at a pretty good price versus my local pet store. So I went ahead and just added it to the list of order items. The package came timely and right away upon opening it I noticed the ESV Bottles still shrink wrapped together as they should be; yet the tops were not wrapped and the plastic measuring cups were missing. Right away I'm wondering did someone else have this prior to me and return it? Could they have used it and just refilled it with water? The bionic looks like water for the most part and to test it I wouldn't know where to start. I guess the point of the post is to take caution on things that they sell (Saltwater Items) with such a loose return policy. I did return it and get another set sent to me yet the 2nd set wasn't even shrink wrapped together and just in bags which started more questioning. To be safe I just wont use it.
Live and learn.
Happy Reefing Everyone.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only order stuff on Amazon that comes direct from the manufacturer's store. Otherwise it's a crapshoot at best. I prefer to stock up at my LFS or reputable online vendors, though.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap I just bought some Acropower from them and I found it odd there wasn’t a seal on the bottle. Now I wonder if it was emptied out and refilled with water.
Anyone who uses Acropower know if there is any kind of seal when it’s new, it’s my first time getting a bottle.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back