Aminos testing getting way different readings

shrive81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have started the dr time one and only cycle.... added the bacteria and ammonia as directed.... I tested with a salifert test kit and showed little to no aminos the next day but then I tested woth a geismann test kit and it was basically dark blue which read aminos was way over 2ppm... gues I’m confused on what one to believe.... has anyone else seen this? Technically today is day 3 and instructions say to add more ammonia but I do t know if I have zero or way to much at this point hahaha

OP
OP
S

shrive81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically it’s saying I have over 5mg/l or 5ppm but that seems impossible since I only dosed 2ppm to the brand new tank

Attachments

• 95AB53D7-8DD2-49FC-9EFB-F353952801EA.jpeg
    95AB53D7-8DD2-49FC-9EFB-F353952801EA.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
S

shrive81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone that can help it would be greatly apprecaited... on day 5 and still having the same readings... I did a 40% water change and added another bottle of dr. Tim's bacteria in thought that i might have got a bad bottle. Still getting a reading of basically no ammonia on the salifert test and a reading saying it is well over 2ppm on the geismann test. I had some nitrate initially and now it is showing barely .25mg/L

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back