0   0   0
A video of them swimming around in the dip

20160306_120428.jpg

defugium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those back bugs are scary!!!! have you guys noticed anything that would eat them like some kind of wrasse or invert?

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen posts that wrasses and mandarins will eat them/population control. But I don't think anything eradicates them completely. I am breaking down the tank, cooking the rock in the sun, breaking off small frags of whatever I can save, and quarantining what LPS I have. I will take much stronger preventative measures from here on out.

dh350twin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After searching and searching online I finally found this thread. Not much info out there about these bugs. I just had them outbreak in my 220 and they have totally destroyed many, many acors. Have you seen them on anything else? montis? I have not yet seen them on my pocillpora or montis. I am breaking everything down, drying everything out and running freshwater over everything. Ditching all corals because I have seen them hanging on lps, although not eating them. Years of work gone. =(

20160306_120459.jpg

20160306_120453.jpg
Sorry for your loss

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen posts that wrasses and mandarins will eat them/population control. But I don't think anything eradicates them completely. I am breaking down the tank, cooking the rock in the sun, breaking off small frags of whatever I can save, and quarantining what LPS I have. I will take much stronger preventative measures from here on out.
If you take out the acros they will starve in a matter of days, once they hatch.

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Experience. I took all the sps 5 weeks ago. With out anything to eat they starve in about 5 days. But you have to wait until the eggs hatch.
I will go 8 weeks. It's like quarantining your tank. Sps QT is 30 days and dip every 5 days. So I was told 5 weeks by very knowledgeable high end sps sellers. I will go 8 just for peace of mind.

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Experience. I took all the sps 5 weeks ago. With out anything to eat they starve in about 5 days. But you have to wait until the eggs hatch.
I will go 8 weeks. It's like quarantining your tank. Sps QT is 30 days and dip every 5 days. So I was told 5 weeks by very knowledgeable high end sps sellers. I will go 8 just for peace of mind.

Ok just so I know. This is for the grey bugs ..that interceptor doesn't work on? Just want to be as thorough as I can since nothing has worked so far.

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

and ... thank you. This gives me some hope of not losing everything or having to cook the rock. did you do all sps, just acros or ....?

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did only acros. The did not touch any chalice, birds nest, or other sps. There name says it all. Acro eating.

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did only acros. The did not touch any chalice, birds nest, or other sps. There name says it all. Acro eating.
Awesome. Thank you. Much better option. Weird how they only get on some and not others. My bonsai's look find. Some other smoothed skin totally wiped out.

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is weird. I have a red no name and papa smurf that they didn't touch. The got removed and dipped also but no damage.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Thank you. Much better option. Weird how they only get on some and not others. My bonsai's look find. Some other smoothed skin totally wiped out.
Malira, are you referring to just AEFWs? I believe Brad is discussing black bugs here. If I am mistaken, please ignore me.

As I understand it, Malira, you've been fighting AEFW with the help of Marsh and particularly, Diesel. I didn't ever see anything about you fighting black bugs too!

Sorry to interject but I didn't want Brad thinking your method would work for black bugs as well. I'm not saying that it doesn't but it just seemed to me a miscommunication between two parties that I wanted to point out just in case.

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Malira, are you referring to just AEFWs? I believe Brad is discussing black bugs here. If I am mistaken, please ignore me.

As I understand it, Malira, you've been fighting AEFW with the help of Marsh and particularly, Diesel. I didn't ever see anything about you fighting black bugs too!

Sorry to interject but I didn't want Brad thinking your method would work for black bugs as well. I'm not saying that it doesn't but it just seemed to me a miscommunication between two parties that I wanted to point out just in case.

True, I am talking about only AEFWs. His first post called them Acro bugs, so I took that as being AEFWs.

I do not have any experience with black bugs. Do you see some in his pics? Is that what those black dots are?

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only mention because he had mentioned black bugs. The video is too fuzzy for me to see anything so nothing conclusive here. Again, only wanted to point out as it seemed like you were both talking about a different pest. I could entirely be wrong.

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only mention because he had mentioned black bugs. The video is too fuzzy for me to see anything so nothing conclusive here. Again, only wanted to point out as it seemed like you were both talking about a different pest. I could entirely be wrong.

I believe your right Ty. I went back to look at the video better and those don't look like AEFWs. Thanks, Good catch.

So what does he do for Black Bugs?

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just so I know. This is for the grey bugs ..that interceptor doesn't work on? Just want to be as thorough as I can since nothing has worked so far.

Brad I missed this post earlier. Sorry. What I described is for Acro Eating Flat Worms.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back