An exciting update from Step Ahead Innovations, makers of the MindStream Monitor!

MindStream

Know What's In Your Water
View Badges
Reaction score
We are very excited to announce that our new web store is now open for business and that we are taking orders for the MindStream Monitor – www.MindStreamH2O.com! Thank you for your patience as we have overcome numerous technical challenges to bring this highly sophisticated monitoring device to you.

The MindStream Monitor automatically measures 10 water parameters (including Carbonate Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium) every 15 minutes and reports the results to you via our web app that works seamlessly with all web-enabled devices. Simply place the monitor in your tank or sump and receive near-continuous updates on the health of your tank – all for the price of about 1/8 cent per measurement. The MindStream Monitor is based on advanced fluorescent indicator technology and requires no user calibration, consumes no liquid reagents, uses no tank water, requires no pumps or tubing, and generates no toxic liquid waste. By deploying a real-time multi-parameter monitoring strategy, the MindStream Monitor enables reef keepers to gain new insights into the dynamic and complex nature of reef chemistry and is the most convenient, reliable, and accurate way to maintain balance in aquarium water.

The MindStream Monitor is priced at $995 and requires a subscription plan starting at approximately $35/month. The subscription plan covers real-time access to monitor data, helpful graphs and tools, proactive alerts when parameter values are out of range, and a small monthly replacement sensor disc conveniently shipped to you. After 15 months of beta testing and 6 months of final customer pilot testing, we have been ramping up manufacturing and have units in final testing and calibration now. Initial quantities will be very limited as we scale up operations and we unfortunately need to limit sales to U.S. customers only for now.

Prepare to know what’s in your water so you can relax and enjoy your beautiful tank! www.MindStreamH2O.com.

OP
MindStream

MindStream

View Badges
Reaction score
We’re thrilled to see this lively discussion of the MindStream Monitor and we appreciate all these comments that can help us consider future improvements to the MindStream Monitor and our service.

We saw that there were some questions about the discs and the subscription model: the monthly subscription pays for real-time access to your monitor data, helpful graphs and tools, proactive alerts when your values are out of range, a monthly replacement sensor disc, access to knowledgeable customer support, and for the cloud computing service that takes raw readings from the monitor and turns them into a continuous feed of information for each measure. Using our web app, you can see your readings at any time from a computer or mobile device. Discs need to be replaced each month not because of algae growth, but to ensure that the highest quality readings are acquired by the monitor with no user calibration required. We have adopted the subscription model because our extensive market research has indicated the majority of our prospective customers prefer the convenience of a monthly or annual subscription along with automatic disc shipments.

The MindStream Monitor measures 10 parameters in your tank water every 15 minutes for a total of more than 28,000 measurements per month. With our revolutionary near-continuous monitoring technology, you will be able to see never-before-seen insights of your water chemistry. This results in a cost per measurement of approximately 1/8 cent which is considerably lower than other alternatives. You can learn more at www.MindStreamH2O.com.

Customer support is available by phone, e-mail, and soon chat as well. Our support representatives include very experienced aquarists and chemists. They work here at our Burlington, Vermont headquarters and are in daily contact with our manufacturing, R&D, and engineering staff.

It is still early in our product launch and we will be opening our web store to the public next week. Once we get our legs under us, we’ll keep an eye on this discussion, and we’ll also be active at our MindStream Reef2Reef forum (https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/mindstream.820/) and on our support channels at MindStreamH2O.com.

Regards,
The team at Step Ahead Innovations, makers of the MindStream Monitor

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
What does ammonia help determine for reef tanks? Can one extrapolate nitrogen levels for certain uses? Thanks

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm super excited about receiving mine!! So glad to see this hitting the market!!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
@MindStream Your delivery time estimate is 6-8 weeks, but when will the web interface be ready? The account creation link just reloads the login page:

Yeah,
I did not buy one, but get the same thing too.

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
So September is when you will get your hands on this. Any idea on when this will be ready for Canadian customers

OP
MindStream

MindStream

View Badges
Reaction score
So September is when you will get your hands on this. Any idea on when this will be ready for Canadian customers
Hi Bugger,

We are currently shipping the MindStream Monitor to U.S. addresses. We're thrilled with the excitement and we intend on selling the MindStream Monitor to reef keepers outside of the U.S.; however, it may be some time before we are available in Canada. Please stay tuned on our website and Facebook page for updates and don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions. - Alex

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi GoVols,

You will be directed to create an account when you have received your monitor.
Looking forward to reading the experiences from other Reef 2 Reef members.

Good luck with your release, and thanks for taking the time.

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Can't wait to receive mine. I was looking at the web site and couldn't find how to subscribe to the monthly subscription service. I'm intrigued to know, when we could spect to begin receiving them?
I don’t think they monitor their REEF2REEF account. You should contact them through their website. Given the number of people that have waited in excess or 10 weeks for these to be shipped, I’d make yourself comfortable and have a beer while you wait.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Can't wait to receive mine. I was looking at the web site and couldn't find how to subscribe to the monthly subscription service. I'm intrigued to know, when we could spect to begin receiving them?
It's at the top right of their main page the "Web App Login".
You put in your email address and password that you purchased the MS with.
The problem is that in the next step you need to setup the device and in order to do that you need the serial number from the device and then you can select the subscription plan. So basically you cannot go any further until you have the unit in your hands.

Here Ya Go
MindstreamAccount.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
OP
MindStream

MindStream

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Gino, You will subscribe to the web app when you set up your monitor!

Which tank do you think is more functional for a family? (click to see photos)

• A. Fireplace Tank

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • B. Stair Tank

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • C. Bed Tank

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • D. Table Tank

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • E. Cabinet Tank

Votes: 73 53.3%

Online statistics

Members online