An honest review of the Giesemann Stellar

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the 2ft version here in Australia, gunmetal grey powder coated. Very nice!
Giesemann have addressed the issues you raised regarding the end plates. I have the standard wide version which provides 26cm/10inch space for the LED which was perfect for my light which is 24cm wide. End plates on both sides have the ventilation slots for the globes passive cooling.
There is also a cutout section on each end plate which allows the perspex cover to slide out so you can access the bulbs without having to unscrew the whole end plate.
Im using this with an Illumagic Style LED which is already an amazing light on a 2ft tank for SPS, the T5 supplements this perfectly using 2 blue plus and 2 coral plus.
So far I am really liking this fixture, acclimating the corals slowly. The hanging kit was not included and was an additional purchase.
The method to hang the light was using an Illumagic pendant system.
I dont believe that Illumagic is popular outside of Australia and Asia but they recently started selling the Blaze X fixtures through Unique Corals in the USA. They are great strip lights however the Illumagic Style LED allows individual colour and intensity control of each of the individual 6 pucks which is awesome.
Highly recommended the Stellar.
20190109_160035.jpg
20190109_160053.jpg
20190109_160154.jpg
20190109_160230.jpg
that is beautiful lighting sir, my blackbox is so strong i swear i can see atoms floating in the air, i may have over done it.

godo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya venden e 50 cm con las ranuras de ventilación y para sacar el protector ?
Y en la de 50 cm que espacio queda para colocar las led ?

godo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donde puedo ver las medidas de la pantallla con los soportes cortos de 50cm para ver antallas led

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received two new end plates from Giesemann today. They now have the slits and notches as I suggested to them back in July. Much better! I am happy they responded to the suggestions.
Did you have to pay anything for the end plates? I have two Stellar units without the notches and no bulb shields. Seems all the Stellar units Coral Vue has on hand are the same with no bulb shields or updated end plates.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with BRS and they stated the units will not have the hanging kit, bulb shields or updated endplates. I'm ready to return both my units.

Nikita1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
39DEBB29-3B93-4445-B877-B51CA4625D35.jpeg
Th

I think I had posted one earlier in the thread but here’s another....

Sorry I am confused now....the new endplates they supplied, are these the endplates with 50 cm width, the short version, or the 57 cm width, the standard version?

I thought the problem with the endplates was only with the short version and not the standard one, but the post above from Highgrade makes me confused about what size of endplate the problem is about.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Stellar units in the US come with only the larger endplates. They’re vented and roughly 23.5”. They don’t have the slot cut out for bulb shields. Which the bulb shields are not included. Coral Vue will sell the end caps with the cut outs for $100. This may be the same for the shorter endplates. The European Stellars come with both size endplates, hanging kit and the bulb shields.

bashuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Stellar units in the US come with only the larger endplates. They’re vented and roughly 23.5”. They don’t have the slot cut out for bulb shields. Which the bulb shields are not included. Coral Vue will sell the end caps with the cut outs for $100. This may be the same for the shorter endplates. The European Stellars come with both size endplates, hanging kit and the bulb shields.
The Giesemann web page I end up on to purchase them doesn't say it comes with both end plates, hanging kit or bulb shields. There are informational pages referring to them as Stellars but the page to purchase them just lists them as 20.176.000. They also sell the hanging kit, which wouldn't be important if it were included.

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering this light for my ELOS 120 upgrade. The tank is ~47" x 22" x 20" deep. I plan on hanging 3 x AI 26 HDs in the frame. Do you think the 48 inch Giesemann Stellar would be too big for this tank and have too much light spillage or is the 36 inch model sufficient?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering this light for my ELOS 120 upgrade. The tank is ~47" x 22" x 20" deep. I plan on hanging 3 x AI 26 HDs in the frame. Do you think the 48 inch Giesemann Stellar would be too big for this tank and have too much light spillage or is the 36 inch model sufficient?
I would think you could get away with the 48" or the 36" With the 36" you may have the Stellar hang a big higher to get more spread/coverage. Which could cause light spillage. You may want to go with the 48"

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gee that is kind of stupid ..

andrewb14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and thank you for such a comprehensive review. I am about to pull the trigger on one of the 1200mm versions in which I will place my 3 x AI Hydra 26HDs. My question is around the brackets for the Lights. It looks as if the bracket would slide easily left to right in the unit I would be concerned that a simple knock could end up with the light dropping through the gap into the tank. I realise the sticky tape comes into play here but over time that may degrade. Any thoughts. Thankyou

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and thank you for such a comprehensive review. I am about to pull the trigger on one of the 1200mm versions in which I will place my 3 x AI Hydra 26HDs. My question is around the brackets for the Lights. It looks as if the bracket would slide easily left to right in the unit I would be concerned that a simple knock could end up with the light dropping through the gap into the tank. I realise the sticky tape comes into play here but over time that may degrade. Any thoughts. Thankyou
The brackets don't seem to slide very easily in my fixture. You have to turn the brackets at a 45 degree angle to get them out. As for one end of the bracket coming away from the LED fixture I suppose its possible, since the LED fixture just rest on the brackets. I wont use the double sided tape on my LEDs. I went ahead and used a zip tie for the LED power cord to adhere it to the Stellar fixture to prevent the LED from falling. This may vary with certain LEDs due to power cord placement. I'm using Kessil A360x.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back