An idea for a social distancing appropriate Halloween costume

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm all for dressing up as a vampire, and goign with the really rough and fake Transylvanian accent complete with corn starch thickened fruit juice as a blood substitute (potentially with agreeing partner as bloodsuckee), here's an idea for a halloween costume that's social distancing appropriate, flashy, AND educational:

^^This. But scale it up. One inch should be about equal to a foot. You can have six foot "sweeper tentacles" (connect them to something like a AA battery for the full effect - shocking, but not TOO shocking), and then add in something like glow in the dark paint or a blacklight in order to get the full fluorescent effect.

Or dress up as nothing. That's scary. The kid gets to stay home, and eat all the candy you WERE going to give out, but thought better about. And who doesn't love a good blue raspberry flavored ANYTHING (although I've really been craving ring-pops lately...)

Kinjirra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make it simple and mod this so the fries hang over

LOL

1F3C243E-5942-40FA-A193-B92597FDFCBB.jpeg

Go as Frylock....

Of course Astronaut is good, scuba steve, hazmat guy, bubble boy...nurse or doctor, Bane, scarecrow, anything with a mask ie jason, plague doctor...steampunk plague doctor would be cool actually if you could get steam working..

OP
OP
ichthyogeek

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go as Frylock....

Of course Astronaut is good, scuba steve, hazmat guy, bubble boy...nurse or doctor, Bane, scarecrow, anything with a mask ie jason, plague doctor...steampunk plague doctor would be cool actually if you could get steam working..
Wait, I need to know more about this steampunk plague doctor. Do you have images/links I can see?

Kinjirra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, I need to know more about this steampunk plague doctor. Do you have images/links I can see?

Nope just came up with it on the fly actually....standard plague doctor...add the goggles...maybe some LED inside the mask to give it a dim green glow. maybe pipe steam to leak out of the nose area or around the eyes....maybe a steam powered sanitizing gun. Maybe break down like one of those steam mops for the hardware then run the tubing...have to watch out from burning yourself..

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a guy who makes leather plague doctor masks. They look pretty awesome. I totally +1 a plague doctor, steam punk or not steam punk.

Some may argue it's in poor taste, but I for one, would give that person an entire box of candy.

OP
OP
ichthyogeek

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking this idea.
I know a guy who makes leather plague doctor masks. They look pretty awesome. I totally +1 a plague doctor, steam punk or not steam punk.

Some may argue it's in poor taste, but I for one, would give that person an entire box of candy.
If anybody comes to my house dressed as a doctor (plague or medical, just as long as they're not a "doctor"), I think I'd also give them an entire box of candy.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm all for dressing up as a vampire, and goign with the really rough and fake Transylvanian accent complete with corn starch thickened fruit juice as a blood substitute (potentially with agreeing partner as bloodsuckee), here's an idea for a halloween costume that's social distancing appropriate, flashy, AND educational:

^^This. But scale it up. One inch should be about equal to a foot. You can have six foot "sweeper tentacles" (connect them to something like a AA battery for the full effect - shocking, but not TOO shocking), and then add in something like glow in the dark paint or a blacklight in order to get the full fluorescent effect.

Or dress up as nothing. That's scary. The kid gets to stay home, and eat all the candy you WERE going to give out, but thought better about. And who doesn't love a good blue raspberry flavored ANYTHING (although I've really been craving ring-pops lately...)
Is this someone you know? Haha

5B2DBF76-F219-43E6-BB5F-3929D31BABD0.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back