An introduction to Epic Aquaculture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Bill, and I'll be your host for this informative piece on "who and what is Epic Aquaculture, and why should I care?"

First, who are we? We are Bill Bramucci and my wife Sonja Bramucci, which translates to just Bill Bramucci as Sonja is an... "absentee" partner - meaning I do all the work, while she supervises (and hopefully approves :) ). I have been in the hobby since the last century (1991 to be exact), and have long been obsessed with SPS corals. I owned and operated a coral farm in Minnesota called North Star Corals. We sold locally as well as online from 1998 until 2002. Business was booming and I had to make a choice to either leave my full time corporate career and make North Star Corals my full time job or go back to being a hobbyist and stay in the corporate world. I decided on the safer of the two roads and ended NSC.

Second, what are we. We are a fully licensed aquaculture facility located in Surprise Arizona, a NW suburb of Phoenix. We offer true aquacultured corals and anemones at hobby friendly prices with a focus on the corals health and coloration. As it says on the "About Us" page on our site:

Our corals are "free range" corals, raised in a loving environment that emphasizes cooperation over competition. Each coral is given a daily inspection, and is constantly supported with positive energy provided by the Curator - W.A. Bramucci, through confidence building messages such as "you're a beautiful coral who will one day lead other corals in building the most amazing reef on earth" or "your mother and father would be so proud of the frag that you've become." Our corals are Hypoallergenic, Gluten free, non GMO, and Keto friendly! Please consult your physician before ordering corals from sources other than Epic Aquaculture.

Now back to our story - Fast forward to January 1 2020. My remote position in the corporate world was ending and, being the genius that I am (he said sarcastically), I decided that was the perfect time to transition into a full time career doing what I truly love - growing and selling corals. Unfortunately there was this thing called a pandemic which is why it has taken me until 2023 to finally become a sponsor here. Over the past 3 years we have focused on setting up our systems, growing mother colonies, getting our licenses, and primarily selling at trade shows. We set up our website www.epicaquaculture.com right away, but for the first several years we did no advertising and only sold cut to order frags. It's been a slow growing curve, but we finally feel that we are really ready to make a jump in our outreach to attract new customers, and what better way to do that than to sponsor the largest and best reefing site out there, Reef2Reef!

We currently offer WYSIWYG frags and cut to order frags shipped anywhere in the continental United States. We offer free shipping nationally and free local delivery to the Phoenix metro area on all orders over $199. Flat Rate shipping of orders under $200 is only $39.99 and local delivery on orders under $200 is $30. If you buy 3 items or more you get 10% off and if you buy 6 items or more you get 20% off. We also offer online sales such as our recently completed Tax Day sale which offered frags at up to 50% off. We also attend trade shows as a vendor, and you can view our schedule on the site to see if we'll be bringing our traveling circus to a town near you. In the future we plan to offer auctions on our site, and as we grow we will also increase our presence on Reef2Reef.

We would love it if you would like our FB page at https://www.facebook.com/EpicAquaculture Also please consider joining the Epic Aquaculture Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2379726402280636 where you can find and contribute to interesting reefing discussions, see pretty pictures, and enter the drawing for our monthly free frag giveaway which starts in May (must be a member of the group to participate). Thank you for reading this and let me know if anyone has any questions. Now enough about me, tell me about yourselves!

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome!! I'd say welcome to R2R, but you've been an awesome member of this community for years now! So excited that you guys are sponsors!!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome!! I'd say welcome to R2R, but you've been an awesome member of this community for years now! So excited that you guys are sponsors!!
Thank you Daniel!

cliffE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I live in alaska. Getting corals can be tricky.

Hands down epic aquaculture sent me the best condition and largest acropora frags I have received. Way better than my trips buying from local vendors out of state and shipment from Battelcorals.

Bill shipped the corals with A+++ packing and they arrived in phenomenal condition. They had their polys extended while still in the shipping bag when I pulled them out. Not a single loss.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from Bill.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
I live in alaska. Getting corals can be tricky.

Hands down epic aquaculture sent me the best condition and largest acropora frags I have received. Way better than my trips buying from local vendors out of state and shipment from Battelcorals.

Bill shipped the corals with A+++ packing and they arrived in phenomenal condition. They had their polys extended while still in the shipping bag when I pulled them out. Not a single loss.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from Bill.
Thank you so much for the kind words Cliff! It's a pleasure working with you!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Bill.
Welcome back to the full time hobby!
Are you coming to Anaheim soon?
We'll be there in just over a week for RAP California. Hope to see you there!

Back