An Ode to my Mexican Turbo Snail

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, made this isn't quite an ode considering my poetry skills are not amazing enough to rhyme something with Mexican Turbo Snail.....

But this is definitely an appreciation post!

I have some WWC Firework Clove Polyps that have been closed for weeks. I have been refusing to give up on them despite the fact that they're literally shriveling away to nothingness and there has been quite a bit of GHA growing between the polyps (right where I'm afraid to scrub). I was actually about to post a 'When to Give Up on a Coral?' thread last night when I heard hubby, "Baaabe, did you know that one of your corals is upside down?"

Ohhhh for the love. Whelp, turns out my cloves were face down on the bottom of the tank. What the heck? Upon further inspection, there was literally a little pucker trail (please excuse my poor word choice. I really don't know what else to call it. Well, I do, but that's probably worse than pucker trail), leading up to the spot on the rack that the cloves had formerly inhabited. Not only that, but my cloves were suspiciously completely free of GHA. The poor cloves were so shriveled when I put them back on the rack that I basically just wrote them off as gonnors. "Oh well, at least the snail chose to man handle the coral that was already dying."

Purely on a whim this morning, I decided to flip the lighting on the frag tank to all blues. WAIT, wait, wait. Are those 'flame tips' I see????

I honestly cannot even believe it, but that snail saved the life of this little frag. In that spirit, I suppose I had better take a crack at this little ode...

Ehem.

Oh Snail-eo, Snail-eo,

To you I raise my ale-eo.

If it wasn't for your little trail-eo,

I wouldn't know whom to hail-eo.

Annnd, that's about the extent of my talent ;)

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Turbo... but mine is more like a taxi, a very slow moving taxi.

anemone.snail.jpg

urchin2.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back