Analog pH circuit Reef-Pi

SoundsDigital

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently building a reef-pi but unable to find the i2c pH circuit in stock anywhere in the UK. Is it possible to use the analogue variety successfully with reef-pi as I already have a couple of those unused?

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have them lying around you could simply try. General consensus seems to be though, that you definitely need electrical isolation with the pH probes, which seems to be easier with digital circuits.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently building a reef-pi but unable to find the i2c pH circuit in stock anywhere in the UK. Is it possible to use the analogue variety successfully with reef-pi as I already have a couple of those unused?
If the circuits put out an analog signal you'll also need one of these ADS1015 as the Pi doesn't have any analog pins to connect to. Reef-pi has a driver for these.

OP
OP
S

SoundsDigital

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would connect to the i2c like a temperature probe then and set up as a pH probe in the same manner as the probe?

Sorry for the silly questions, new to reef-pi and not very experienced with the Raspberry Pi either.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would connect to the i2c like a temperature probe then and set up as a pH probe in the same manner as the probe?

Sorry for the silly questions, new to reef-pi and not very experienced with the Raspberry Pi either.
The ADC would connect to the I2C pins, temperature doesn't use I2C, just a GPIO. Sorry I don't have any experience with an analog pH circuit and what you might expect, the driver in reef-pi may or may not work, I think it depends on the circuit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back