OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You missed the part with the discussion on why do you find those 3 wives attractive and how to make your own wife more attractive without carbon dosing.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You missed the part with the discussion on why do you find those 3 wives attractive and how to make your own wife more attractive without carbon dosing.
I carbon dose my girl with a little vodka so she finds me more attractive.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current display is 19" wide! The wall behind it 3 or so feet is blue. I chose no tank background. I like how i can see through it from both sides. Thats the point right?
D

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This soft coral tank is my favorite.
220g-1-28-09.jpg

Aside from it. These are layouts I really find attractive.
38027c40cddb54a4ef8eae4413beb2c2.jpg
long-island-aquarium-big-reef-left-side-3.jpg
9f76025a0d6816d7360bc521e4c2c2d3.jpg
Sod the op choices of tanks. Number 3 pic followed closely by 4 of these ones.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see his tank.

My tank is something only a mother could love.

It's not pretty, it's dark and almost scary looking at times.

The scape is nothing like you could ever find in nature.

That being said, I managed to improve it a lot by trying to learn from freshwater aquascapers. Not all their techniques can be transposed to reefs though.

I managed to make it look deeper, make good use of shadows, have half decent proportion between the size of fish and corals and have lots of repeted corals.

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is something only a mother could love.

It's not pretty, it's dark and almost scary looking at times.

The scape is nothing like you could ever find in nature.

That being said, I managed to improve it a lot by trying to learn from freshwater aquascapers. Not all their techniques can be transposed to reefs though.

I managed to make it look deeper, make good use of shadows, have half decent proportion between the size of fish and corals and have lots of repeted corals.

Well id love to see more of it because its a very nice one.

memphissfinest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is what i see as perfection. Negative aquascape, perfect choices of coral and fish. I am modeling my new tank build almost to the letter of this tank. No shame on my end in doing so either. Simply stunning to me. Took forever to acquire the Pukani rock that closely resembles his. The reefer also has a build thread on this forum.

1617372834356.png

1617372661782.png

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No opinion on aquascape, or on reefers significant others (reefers arent all guys of course ), beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder. My only observation is on the Joe Peck magnifica .... famous in CT/NY for its unique coloring and tendency to split and proliferate clones (unfortunately I don’t have one).

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how you tell him that no, he’s wrong and everyone likes that tank because you think so. Also weird that you say 99% of reef tanks are ugly, while on a reef tank site.
this whole post is super opinionated and sounds like you basically just wanting to start an argument with how it’s worded. Have fun I’m out.
step brothers ryan GIF

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Aside from it. These are layouts I really find attractive....
9f76025a0d6816d7360bc521e4c2c2d3.jpg
This is my favorite scape ever. I tried to create something similar in my 300g and failed miserably. You need serious depth to get this look. It’s my inspiration for my next house and giant tank!

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also like this tank. I also love that there isn't any large fish in sight.

As an exercise, here's a constructive criticism.

If it had only 25% of the species and there were a few really large colonies it would look more natural and less messy.

You can achieve this sense of depth with a 20" deep tank.

There's a curved narrowing path - it creates depth. If the path was narrower at the back, it would look deeper.

If there were only small corals with detailed structure at the back and larger colonies at the front, it would look even deeper.

If there were distinctive layers of corals in front of each other, it would look deeper.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No opinion on aquascape, or on reefers significant others (reefers arent all guys of course ), beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder. My only observation is on the Joe Peck magnifica .... famous in CT/NY for its unique coloring and tendency to split and proliferate clones (unfortunately I don’t have one).

Beauty is partially in the eye of the beholder.

If not, why would any person that works with visual arts study the color wheel? Why would painters and film directors study composition and lighting?

These people study "rules" that are centuries old and when they break them, they have a reason to do it.

In the end, although each one of us has his/her own preferences and can easily know if we find a reef tank beautiful or not, 99.999% of us don't know how to create something we love. It doesn't need to be this way.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the most famous magnifica in the world. This stupid video has over 4 million views and it has the word sexiest in the title.

So, I just made a video about reef aquascaping and I named it sexiest reef aquascaping (and I spelled it wrong...)

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like someone is trying to poetic describe abstract art to me
Exactly, sounds like someone trying hard to sound enlightened.
Thread makes no sense. Start off by stating you find all our tanks ugly. Then compare them to freshwater? We aren’t even displaying the same thing. Freshwater aquascaped tanks use plants. So it’s not comparable to our coral tanks at all. Could compare to macro tanks but even then the growth and look of the macros is different.

In the end, although each one of us has his/her own preferences and can easily know if we find a reef tank beautiful or not, 99.999% of us don't know how to create something we love.
Insert more nonsense, now not just claiming he find all our tanks ugly, but that we don’t love them.

why the need to insult our tanks? Why not use a thread discussing aquascape that matches the natural reef or freshwater look and some examples you like?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back