OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today marks the halfway point for my copper treatment and things are still going very well. She is still eating very well and constantly swimming around the tank. Over the past week I have been keeping an eye on the copper levels and keeping it at 2 ppm. I did add some additional copper since I have had to add some sand since she throws it everywhere at her size while she is burying herself. I am looking forward to finishing this next weekend and getting her in the observation tank.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday was the day and I am happy to report that this one made it and she is doing great. I checked the copper levels last night to confirm that it was still at 2 ppm and then I moved her. Since I have been having good success with this method I made the decision to just put her into the DT and skip the observation tank. After adding her in she swam around for about an hour and then buried herself in the sand for the night. This morning she was up at her usual time (~7:30) and out swimming. I fed the tank mysis and she ate aggressively as she has been. I will continue to provide updates on this as time goes on or if something happens. For now here is a summary of the QT I performed:

1. 45 min MB and Acriflavin bath prior to entering QT Tank.

2. Coppersafe at 2ppm for 14 days

3. Two rounds of Prazi 5 days apart while in copper.

4. Transfer from QT into DT while copper was still at 2ppm. I used a bucket of DT water to do the transfer and wash as much of the QT water off as possible. I also use a different strainer for each transfer.

EC65C373-E7A4-47A0-A9B6-F219C542FB61.jpeg

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see this fish make it to the dt.

Good job and good luck!

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday was the day and I am happy to report that this one made it and she is doing great. I checked the copper levels last night to confirm that it was still at 2 ppm and then I moved her. Since I have been having good success with this method I made the decision to just put her into the DT and skip the observation tank. After adding her in she swam around for about an hour and then buried herself in the sand for the night. This morning she was up at her usual time (~7:30) and out swimming. I fed the tank mysis and she ate aggressively as she has been. I will continue to provide updates on this as time goes on or if something happens. For now here is a summary of the QT I performed:

1. 45 min MB and Acriflavin bath prior to entering QT Tank.

2. Coppersafe at 2ppm for 14 days

3. Two rounds of Prazi 5 days apart while in copper.

4. Transfer from QT into DT while copper was still at 2ppm. I used a bucket of DT water to do the transfer and wash as much of the QT water off as possible. I also use a different strainer for each transfer.

EC65C373-E7A4-47A0-A9B6-F219C542FB61.jpeg

Awesome, good luck.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give us an update . How did you do the prazi 5 days apart. During it after copper treatment. ?

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys thanks for checking in. The Lennardi is still doing very well. The only downside since she moved into the DT is that she gets up at about 6 am everyday and buries herself against around 2 pm. Which means I don’t get to see her that often and I have had to adjust my feeding schedule to feed in the morning. While I have tried other foods she still prefers mysis and will spit out most others including LRS, but she continues to get fatter on the mysis so I can’t complain. Still one of my favorite fishes in the tank. She is very active while she is out covering the whole tank and picking pods off of the rockwork. Here is a pic from this weekend. Sorry for the darkness it is an early morning picture.
D917953F-1C97-4E0E-9015-407466B89BFE.jpeg

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys thanks for checking in. The Lennardi is still doing very well. The only downside since she moved into the DT is that she gets up at about 6 am everyday and buries herself against around 2 pm. Which means I don’t get to see her that often and I have had to adjust my feeding schedule to feed in the morning. While I have tried other foods she still prefers mysis and will spit out most others including LRS, but she continues to get fatter on the mysis so I can’t complain. Still one of my favorite fishes in the tank. She is very active while she is out covering the whole tank and picking pods off of the rockwork. Here is a pic from this weekend. Sorry for the darkness it is an early morning picture.
D917953F-1C97-4E0E-9015-407466B89BFE.jpeg
Thank you for the update. Happy for you that it's doing well. That is an awesome fish.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats, I am preparing for an Anampses Twistii in my near future and your thread was reassuring! Thanks

I am very happy to hear that this was useful. When I first purchased this fish I spent quite a bit of time researching it, but only found very limited information. Good luck with your anampses. Mine as been a great addition to my reef.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zed102 update??

@HotRocks this protocol looks pretty familiar, huh!

Sadly, this fish just passed. Unfortunately, she got spooked by something about 3 weeks ago and swam hard enough into the side of the tank that you could hear it on the outside. After that she just laid on her side on the sand until she perished. Thankfully until the injury she was still in very good health and eating well everyday.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, this fish just passed. Unfortunately, she got spooked by something about 3 weeks ago and swam hard enough into the side of the tank that you could hear it on the outside. After that she just laid on her side on the sand until she perished. Thankfully until the injury she was still in very good health and eating well everyday.
Sorry to hear that. :(

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back