And how did your Black Friday go???

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lied to myself and everybody else, told the wife and kids im not gonna spend that much money this year.... And of course i did!! The only difference this year i tried to shop small business, so i paid a little bit more here and there for some stuff but i made me feel better and it wasnt a big difference.

OP
OP
Big C

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lied to myself and everybody else, told the wife and kids im not gonna spend that much money this year.... And of course i did!! The only difference this year i tried to shop small business, so i paid a little bit more here and there for some stuff but i made me feel better and it wasnt a big difference.
Good to hear shopping at local/small businesses. Tropic Marin at 10% off just had to stock up.

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear shopping at local/small businesses. Tropic Marin at 10% off just had to stock up.
Can i ask what tropic marin product you use? I use all for reef for my nano but im thinking on trying that part c and brs 2 part hybrid on the bigger tank, but havent found to many people giving reviews on that " method".

OP
OP
Big C

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i ask what tropic marin product you use? I use all for reef for my nano but im thinking on trying that part c and brs 2 part hybrid on the bigger tank, but havent found to many people giving reviews on that " method".

I use the Tropic Marin Pro salt. I have noticed way less precipitate compared to some others (I mix and store for several weeks on a continuous AWC system). I don't use their dosing products. I actually use Aquaforest Component 1, 2, 3 and buy the dry ingredients and mix my own. I did switch out to NaOH for my buffering solution (cheaper and try to get a pH bump).

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me: Aren’t you proud of me? I sold $100 worth of stuff to help pay for my new corals.

Better Half: But that means you still spent $900!!!

Me: But I saved like $900 by buying everything on Black Friday.

Better Half: But you spent $900!!!

Me: But part of that was new better lighting to add so the coral will do better.

Better Half: You better not kill them.

Me: It’s my birthday in 10 days...

Better Half: You used up your birthday AND Christmas!

Me thinking to myself right now (because there is no way I’m saying this out loud,l)... I may as well add that rock flower anemone pack to my order and make it a clean $1000 since I’m not getting credit for being an awesome businessman

OP
OP
Big C

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me: Aren’t you proud of me? I sold $100 worth of stuff to help pay for my new corals.

Better Half: But that means you still spent $900!!!

Me: But I saved like $900 by buying everything on Black Friday.

Better Half: But you spent $900!!!

Me: But part of that was new better lighting to add so the coral will do better.

Better Half: You better not kill them.

Me: It’s my birthday in 10 days...

Better Half: You used up your birthday AND Christmas!

Me thinking to myself right now (because there is no way I’m saying this out loud,l)... I may as well add that rock flower anemone pack to my order and make it a clean $1000 since I’m not getting credit for being an awesome businessman

It’s nice working from home so I can intercept the UPS driver. Leave the salt out for her to see because that’s a necessity and “store” the goodies

Actually I am grateful she doesn’t have a big issue with the expenses of the hobby. She has hers as well, like how our closet space keeps shrinking......

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Next thread complaining about UPS needs this pic posted. “Where’s my dang order UPS!?!?” They’re all at Big C’s place. Enjoy the new goods.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did OK.
Got the wife an apple watch 6 and an HP Envy laptop
Got my daughter an HP i3 based chromebook
Got my younger son a PS5
Got my older son a new computer case and nvme hard drive.
For myself, I ordered a couple of bags of wood pellets for the pellet smoker.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went full apex and all the goodies. I am traveling a lot
for the next few months so it was a “necessity”. I think it would be cheaper if I gave away most of the corals, paid one of my employees to check alk once per week this winter while I’m gone, and adjust doses. Then buy all new high end corals this summer. I’m super stoked about setting up the apex and getting rid of my fire hazard style of cord management. I may do a rebuild thread.

OP
OP
Big C

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did OK.
Got the wife an apple watch 6 and an HP Envy laptop
Got my daughter an HP i3 based chromebook
Got my younger son a PS5
Got my older son a new computer case and nvme hard drive.
For myself, I ordered a couple of bags of wood pellets for the pellet smoker.
Sounds like the family did well! Nice!

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was GREAT! I clocked in a 6:45AM for a 8:30 case that got canceled, sat around until 1 when I was finally told we could leave, and then right before I was going to clock out was told that there was a patient coming in in complete heart block who needed a pacemaker. Sat around until 4;30 waiting on them to arrive and ended up clocking out late because the case took longer than expected.

:(:(:(

Back