And MACNA 2019 is in ... Orlando, Florida at the Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin Resort!

MACNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Announcing MACNA 2019
Celebrating Aquaculture

August 30th - September 1st, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort

MASNA is proud to announce that the theme for MACNA 2019 will be “Celebrating Aquaculture”.

Promoting the ethical growth of the marine aquarium hobby, supporting captive breeding and propagation efforts, and ensuring a sustainable future for the marine environment are at the core of MASNA's goals, and we intend to elevate our efforts in educational outreach, scholarship, and the healthy, sustainable promotion of the marine ornamental hobby with a closer focus on its practices.

Many of the MACNA 2019 presentations and workshops will be centered around celebrating aquaculture and we hope that our attendees, exhibitors, and media partners can join us in the promotion and advocacy of this message.

You can buy passes at MACNA 2018 starting September 7th, they will go on sale at MACNA.org once 2018 has officially closed. The BEST DEALS on your MACNA Full Conference Passes will be the ones we are selling in Las Vegas, so if you want to go, be sure to buy your ticket while enjoying the festivities next weekend!

image006.png

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been to a MACNA but I live in Miami and I’m extremely Excited!!!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As usual, at a non family friendly time so can't make a vacation out of it. Maybe one day!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oklahoma one day...
Well maybe not we are not in the United States I guess :)

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the website last week and this weekend. It appears that they are not discounting conference tickets for early purchasers. Probably something new as the local clubs aren’t responsible anymore and there are third party administrators paid to administrate. I think every time I’ve looked in the past, there was a discount for committing and purchasing early. If I remember correctly, the full passes with banquet etc. are like $139 and $154 depending on your choice of meal. Still pretty good and exciting, but I’m thinking at that price, it doesn’t increase as we get closer to the event.

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the website last week and this weekend. It appears that they are not discounting conference tickets for early purchasers. Probably something new as the local clubs aren’t responsible anymore and there are third party administrators paid to administrate. I think every time I’ve looked in the past, there was a discount for committing and purchasing early. If I remember correctly, the full passes with banquet etc. are like $139 and $154 depending on your choice of meal. Still pretty good and exciting, but I’m thinking at that price, it doesn’t increase as we get closer to the event.

I’ve attended 14 MACNAS. The clubs gave the event different feels. IMO, having an event planner do most, if not all the foot work, places profit over experience. In the past, depending upon how many early sign ups the club would get added bonus for the attendees. I didn’t quite get the same feel in Vegas. Maybe it was just me. I’ll see how Orlando goes and how it compares to ORCA’s 2010 event. I’m still looking forward to it. With so many events, you need to set yourself ahead of the competition.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, with so many events, unless you are presenting something, why go to so many. I would like to go just to go one time, but not make a yearly thing out of it. I'll pick Reef Dreams 1st and then maybe hit Macna just because it does move around and Reefapalooza doesn't. Serious question, not criticizing, just curious.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back