• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

And so it begins...

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
no that is a good thing ,like pruning a plant,one break ,two or more tips will form :)
Maybe not for this one. It has been receding from the base since I got it...ohh...6 months ago? It grows and the polyps extend and it’s got decent color...but it’s receding. I wouldn’t be surprised if it kicked the bucket after the injury :( You can see it in the background of this pic
6F87C1BF-64FD-418B-99B4-52EC00064D3A.png

OP
TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have 4 acros; that one is in the best shape believe it or not. The others are just...alive. No growth, very little or no polyps, no recession, just there.
do you have other acro's,blow that bottom off with baster,if does not stop receding by weekend we can frag it,its not rtn or bugs ,in 6 mo,would be completley gone

OP
TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
what is your cal,alk,and ph? remember ph check at same time of day when you check :)
I’ve never checked ph...don’t have a kit either ;Sorry
It’s been a couple weeks since last testing but they were 380 and 8. Phos was .13 and nitrates were still verrry near 0. I’m beginning to wonder if my brand new nitrate kit is bad. It’s Red Sea and doesn’t expire for over 2 years. I’m getting a Hannah checker at the end of the month I think. Hopefully that will give me a number instead of reading shades of pink

OP
TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed my egg crate top was not sitting flush where it was supposed to be; I just thought I forgot to put it on properly. I also had a section of sand that was blown away from the glass AND the flasher wrasse had a mouth wound. Looking back, I guess he tried to jump the night before also & this time he was successful. I’m 100% putting blame on the fairy wrasse since he constantly harassed the flasher. Is it going to do this to all fish? I have a 1.5” hippo tang in observation currently and still want a sand dwelling wrasse or two, a mandarin and would like a male starry blenny if I can find one.

Corals.com

How concerned are you about high phosphates in your tank?

• VERY Concerned

Votes: 105 20.1%
  • Somewhat Concerned

Votes: 297 56.9%
  • NOT Concerned At All

Votes: 114 21.8%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 6 1.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors