....And THIS is why I will quarantine from this day forward!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From everything I have read so far, Petco is buying out Drs. Foster and Smith, but at this point management of both the regular live aquaria website as well as their Diver's Den livestock will remain under existing management. Hopefully this is true.

I would still purchase from LiveAquaria, because they have by far the best customer service of any vendor I have dealt with online for livestock purchases. Plus you can't beat their guarantee.

OP
OP
ReelRednekReefer

ReelRednekReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry if it has bean stated already but I heard petco had brooknela in some of there stores and to me it sounds like that. They don't keep copper in there water either because the coral and rock are in the same tanks. Also copper has no effect on brooknela. Sorry for the fish loss

Based on images I can find I'd have to ID the CB as having Velvet as I saw no skin sloughing with the white specs but the clown fish seem to more closely resemble Brooklynella. Is leaving the tank fallow and option or do I need to treat some how?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where can I buy livestock and coral online? I have never bought livestock online but I thought that liveaquaria was the go-to source.

It still is, until when/if Petco screws things up. I think LA released a statement basically saying nothing was going to really change with them. Of course, what else would you expect them to say? :wink: FWIW; I know someone who recently placed an order with LADD and it seems like (good) business as usual (so far.) In the past I've placed many (happy) orders with them and also Bluezooaquatics. However, lately I've been reading that Bluezoo's customer service has been lacking. :scared:

Based on images I can find I'd have to ID the CB as having Velvet as I saw no skin sloughing with the white specs but the clown fish seem to more closely resemble Brooklynella. Is leaving the tank fallow and option or do I need to treat some how?

Fallow period for brook & velvet are the same - 6 weeks. However, I suggest going fallow for 72 days so you get a nice clean slate moving forward (just in case ich is also in the tank.)

OP
OP
ReelRednekReefer

ReelRednekReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fallow period for brook & velvet are the same - 6 weeks. However, I suggest going fallow for 72 days so you get a nice clean slate moving forward (just in case ich is also in the tank.)

I have started the 72 day clock. With my stand yet to be finished and rock finishing up acid/lanthanum treatment. 72 days will be no problem.

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of times brook kills before it gets more than white specks and it happens very fast, Either way just wait it out and start over sorry for the loss.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back